Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My pet peeve..gripe...complaint...or whatever you want to call it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I have served over 17 years in the US Air Force.  There have been several times that our pay has been threatened due to the government not being able to settle on a debt plan.  Why should our pay be threatened?  We come to work every single day and work hard for the money we earn.  I am not saying that someone elses pay should be cut or that people on aid shouldn't receive their benefits so please don't assume that is where I am going with this...  BUT...I can't leave my job undone.  If I were to take off at the end of the day with my job half done...planes could crash and people could die.  Yet they can hem and haw and stall and not get this shit figured out and possibly cause thousands of people to struggle more than they already do.

VENT OVER

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I remember being military.. I didn't struggle nearly as much as i do now. Not even close.

Not saying pay needs to be cut because it doesn't, just telling my pov.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Quoting mcclainprincess:

I remember being military.. I didn't struggle nearly as much as i do now. Not even close.

Not saying all military struggle....but there are some that do.  I don't think it is fair to cut the pay of someone who is working to earn their money and getting things done.  Not only that...but if pay is cut...we still have to come to work.  NOW...I have money set aside in case something like this happens.  But not everyone does.

CutieCrab
by Jen on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Yeah, that would suck. Sorry... (Hugs)

mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I understand what your saying, but being military you will always have your basic needs met, and you have a huge support system. Many in the civilian world do not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Not saying all military struggle....but there are some that do.  I don't think it is fair to cut the pay of someone who is working to earn their money and getting things done.  Not only that...but if pay is cut...we still have to come to work.  NOW...I have money set aside in case something like this happens.  But not everyone does.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

for the same reason anyone's pay is threatened....because his/her employer isn't prospering and has no money

this isn't rocket science.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Quoting mcclainprincess:

I understand what your saying, but being military you will always have your basic needs met, and you have a huge support system. Many in the civilian world do not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcclainprincess:

she also acts as though no one in civilian life has ever worked hard to earn their money and gotten the job done, yet still had pay cut--or lost their job--because the employer is failing.  It's financial.  Not personal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Because Obama is a shit Dick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Not sure what support system you think we have.  Not all of us have access to everything.  If I don't get paid...no one else is going to provide me food and pay my bills and make sure my electricity is still on.  That is all on me.  The resources we had even 2 years ago aren't there.

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcclainprincess:

she also acts as though no one in civilian life has ever worked hard to earn their money and gotten the job done, yet still had pay cut--or lost their job--because the employer is failing.  It's financial.  Not personal.

I never said that those in the civilian don't work hard for their pay.  I am saying that those in the position to get this shit done need to get it done or take the hit themselves.  If you weren't being productive...would you expect to still get paid?  On the same note...if you weren't getting paid...you wouldn't have to go to work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcclainprincess:

I never said that those in the civilian don't work hard for their pay.  I am saying that those in the position to get this shit done need to get it done or take the hit themselves.  If you weren't being productive...would you expect to still get paid?  On the same note...if you weren't getting paid...you wouldn't have to go to work.

If I didn't want to lose my job I would.  Point is, you choice that employer.  Along with the benefits and the burdens of having such an employer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)