Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Since you're on FS you shouldn't have a nice car or cell phone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
AGREE or DISAGREE
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Cock
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I think everyone needs a way to call for help so I wouldn't disagree with having a phone but I would not agree with FS users having new cars.  If you can get a new car, you don't FS. 

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM
3 moms liked this

If you had it before FS, I think it's okay.  It's not like you can just give that stuff back without some sort of penalty.  Maybe the phone if it isn't on a contract.

I don't think you should go out and get a new car and a new top-of-the-line cell phone while already on FS.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

PenisVagina !

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Other. No one knows the circumstances. Maybe your DH had a good job and lost it, now you still have the nice car, clothes, etc. Then there is the extreme opposite, birth to earth welfare queens who will do anything to suck on the teat of the government. I think most people fall somewhere in the middle.

In general, people will say you should live within your means and not spend the money toward nice things if you can't even afford to buy your own food. I know it is more of a complex issue than people understand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM

When I got on PA I tried to get rid of my iphone and it would cost so much money that I just decided to keep it. It would cost $300 to cancel my phone line. If I wanted to cancel just the media package I would never be able to get it back. UGH. 

Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Depends.

What type of car? was it a gift or was it already paid for prior to needing assistance?

What type of cell phone? iPhone? or stand service from Cricket with calling/texting ability only?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

This is what happened to me. 

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Other. No one knows the circumstances. Maybe your DH had a good job and lost it, now you still have the nice car, clothes, etc. Then there is the extreme opposite, birth to earth welfare queens who will do anything to suck on the teat of the government. I think most people fall somewhere in the middle.

In general, people will say you should live within your means and not spend the money toward nice things if you can't even afford to buy your own food. I know it is more of a complex issue than people understand.

Sama2Mamma
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Do you bitches have nothing better to do than nag on and on and on and fucking on about fs???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meparty
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)