Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I wrong to feel defensive?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 16 Replies
Dh just called to ask me about a phone number on my call log that he claims was listed a couple of times yesterday, Tuesday & Monday. I told him the number was for the pharmacy our kids use, he says "are you sure? You seem to be calling "the pharmacy" a lot lately..." Well, I called Monday to refill a prescription, Tuesday to see if it was ready...that's it. I even checked my call log and none yesterday. He gets pissed at me because "if its nothing then why am I getting so defensive"...Maybe because he's accusing me of something at least every other day! I wasn't defensive until he wouldn't stop.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hecate9
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM
BUMP
edelweiss23
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to call the number himself.

He will look like an idiot
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM
hes being an asshole. tell him to call the number
and guilt speaks loudly- his guilt I mean. you should check his call logs. what a jerk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
puertoricangeek
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have told my husband to get his shit strait before he acuses me. It works pretty well actually.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM

usually those that accuse repeatedly are trying to hide their own discreation by putting the focus on something else,maybe you need to do a little spywork

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be pissed, too.  Does he think you're having an affair with the pharmacist's refill system??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Sounds like a paranoid women.
Hecate9
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM
That's what I told him, he says no, if that's what I say then fine. But then he wants to comment that I sure am defensive over nothing that he didn't actually accuse me of anything...even when its a frequent thing and his tone was dripping with accusation.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Tell him to call the number himself.

He will look like an idiot

mackiebugsmom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM
That would piss me off, he sounds very controlling. He could call and find out for himself if it's that big of a deal..
model1000mom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Next time tell him to call the number himself to find out and then state I am not a child and dont have to justify who I call daily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)