Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Just an fyi, you bitches can't have it both fucking ways!

You can't say a sm has to love her stepchildren, treat them as their own and care for them, then say they have no right to opinions or input. Bottom line is your kids lives often affect the stepmothers life as well. Stepmoms have a right to "call the shots" in what affects their lives. They have a right to say what goes on in their homes. Don't like it? Too damn bad.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I agree and don't agree....

If sm was with dd and dd was misbehaving I would certianly expect sm to punish dd...

At the same time while I would expect some input from sm on certain matters its not in my opinion completely up to her to decide what school the child will go to, what dr the child will see, to ground the child without at least making sure the father agrees to and letting the mother know as well (because let's face it I would want to know if dd did something worth being grounded for, I may agree and keep her grounded longer then just the weekend she was to bf and sms depending on her offense) I don't think sm has the right to just keep the child home from school or leave school early with the child without it being ok with bm and bf.

I hope I don't seem to pushie its just my last examples are things I think sm, bm, and bf should discuss as a whole not things sm and bf should just discuss...because (like with the picking up early) I would be a little mad to discover dd leaving school 2 hrs early nearly every week the days she visits sm and bf just cause it was better for sms schedule. Kwim???

This is of course provided that there isn't the issue of long visits and being in diff states because of it where clearly if a child is 3 states away visiting sm and bf for the summer/winter/spring break while I would still like to be updated on things the best course of action can clearly be better determined by sm and bf since they will have the child an extended period of time...

I will stop digging my own grave now.lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I did and frankly as a SM I hear what she is saying. My DH's Ex is like you. Sad to say the least. I did nothing to the woman but love her child as one of my own and yet still to this day I am the Evil Step mom but not to her daughter. Her daughter sees past her mothers rants and such about me and has recently told her mother to STFU and grow up and act like an adult. You are the type of BM in which SM bitch about. 

Quoting mary841108:

lol not apt for violence low tolerance for bitchy attitudes...seriously did you read her OP. she's a piece of work, that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Proof of the Bio mothers apt for violence...tisk tisk

Quoting mary841108:

well thankfully my kids dont have a step mother because if she acted like you bitch would be getting knocked the fuck out.

ohmandy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM

if i were in this situation id hope that everyone could be civil enough to establish ground rules that were universal.  some things would obv be different from place to place, but the biggies need to be consistant.  its better for the kids.  esp when they're young.  i do think the bm should have her opinion held above the sm... not completely void the sm, but they are HER kids in the end.  just makes sense to me ::shrug::

mary841108
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM

BUT did you come across to BM like the OP sounded? if not then hey i dont have a problem lol. her attitude is what got me thinking someone needs to take her down a peg.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I did and frankly as a SM I hear what she is saying. My DH's Ex is like you. Sad to say the least. I did nothing to the woman but love her child as one of my own and yet still to this day I am the Evil Step mom but not to her daughter. Her daughter sees past her mothers rants and such about me and has recently told her mother to STFU and grow up and act like an adult. You are the type of BM in which SM bitch about. 

Quoting mary841108:

lol not apt for violence low tolerance for bitchy attitudes...seriously did you read her OP. she's a piece of work, that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Proof of the Bio mothers apt for violence...tisk tisk

Quoting mary841108:

well thankfully my kids dont have a step mother because if she acted like you bitch would be getting knocked the fuck out.

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM

What kind of stuff do you believe you have say over? Examples please?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Or a confession in the form of sarcasm O.O

LOL!!!!

Quoting SnapIt:

sarcasm perhaps?

lol

Quoting Anonymous:

A confession!!! O.o

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes because I'm the one who would assault someone for not getting my own way.

Quoting mary841108:

judging by your maturity level im shocked they allowed you to breed and i am even more shocked that you are still married.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if you're insulted by facts **shrugs**

Quoting mary841108:

oh ...ouch...i feel sooo insulted.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have shitty reading comprehension.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Quoting mary841108:

as a step mother you dont have any legal rights sorry to burst your bubble, like i said, you want legal rights over a child, go have your own.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't need rights legally. See I do and always will have control over my life and home. As for the rest I have an awesome husband who considers my opinion by far more important than anyone else. We are a team, and we discuss things as such. So yes I know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry you are so wrong. If it were true you would have rights legally hunny.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think. I know it does.

Quoting Anonymous:

You really think your opinion matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM

My mom and dad didn't work together.. Apart they were best friends even to day 30yrs. later. (mom is also remarried. My stepmom pulled this crap too. I always had a good relationship with both my parents so i would go over with them (teen years) what i wanted to do go or what have you. If they were fine with it it was okay with them.  Well as the years passed my stepmom turned more and more into My house my rules I'm your wife. When it came down to my wedding "daddy's baby" had it all. oh i had a budget and respected it.but my stepmom wanted total controll over every decision. Well i had it! after the first two apts with the wedding planner i spoke to my dad and her and announced that i no longer wanted her in the wedding planning. She turned into a spoiled brat, "this is our money".. my reply "i'm HIS daughter not yours". She got pissed becasue i wanted my Mom,dad and their parents in the front row. She sat with her's in the second row. Bitched and Bitched during the wedding so well lets just say. I HAVE NO WEDDING PICTURES WITH HER IN THEM NOT ONE ALL THE PICS WITH PARENTS ARE WITH MY PARENTS..THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR CHILDREN SEE A STEP-PARENT BEING A BITCH OR AN ASSHOLE!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Immaturity and lack of respect is the issue, not the positions of SM vs BM.

I am a BM, no SM in the picture. If a SM did enter the picture, I'd hope and pray she treated my kids well and took an interest in their lives and upbringing.

On the same token, yes they are my kids. If I decide to sign them up for sports, it is my right to do so. But I can't do that and tell SM, "Hey, I signed the kids up for sports. You need to pick them up from practice". It's disrespectful, and she has every right to say no. That would affect what I can and can't do.

My husband is my kid's stepdad. They love him, he loves them. I do ask for his opinion on things regarding the kids. He is a part if our household and family. He deserves input, just as a SM would.

I don't see why there has to be such a power struggle with everything.
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM
If i were a step mom, my house, my rules. I would expect the child to follow said rules while in my house.
But, I didnt marry a man (and will not ever) with a prior obligation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

no it doesn't.. i guess what has me up is the sense of Intitalment. my stepmom put me through this.

Quoting WifeyC:

Marrying a man with children doesn't make you a mother.

Quoting Anonymous:

i'm not trying to be rude, it's just a question, if you have no desire to be their mother or wanted more kids why would anyone marry a man who did?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have zero desire to be their mother. I have my own children tyvm. If I wanted to be mommy to more, I would have more. But I don't.

So if I'm nothing I suppose its safe to say you'd prefer your kids be excluded, not cared for, ignored, and not dealt with. Right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN