Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Just an fyi, you bitches can't have it both fucking ways!

You can't say a sm has to love her stepchildren, treat them as their own and care for them, then say they have no right to opinions or input. Bottom line is your kids lives often affect the stepmothers life as well. Stepmoms have a right to "call the shots" in what affects their lives. They have a right to say what goes on in their homes. Don't like it? Too damn bad.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
3 moms liked this
My opinion maters in my home.

Decisions are made together. We are in a partnership. If it affects me we discuss. Usually a change with he kids is either a time or money issue. Usually it's my time. And it is our money. So yes. We make the decision together.

She can suck it. I don't care. If she didn't want anyone else's input she should've stayed married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM

my step mother used to try and pull the i can make decisions for you when my own mother had custody of me lol, i was just going to hang out with my brother. my SM said i couldnt go somewhere, i looked at my dad then looked at her and said "you're just the whore that married my father you can not tell me i cant go somewhere when you just heard my dad say i could" end of discussion lol. well sort of she got all up in arms and my dad just shrugged and said "she has a point" LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

it's on, i now know I'm not the only crazy one lol....

Quoting mary841108:

lol sorry!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

you said it before i did: (

Quoting mary841108:

well thankfully my kids dont have a step mother because if she acted like you bitch would be getting knocked the fuck out.

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't need rights legally. See I do and always will have control over my life and home. As for the rest I have an awesome husband who considers my opinion by far more important than anyone else. We are a team, and we discuss things as such. So yes I know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry you are so wrong. If it were true you would have rights legally hunny.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think. I know it does.

Quoting Anonymous:

You really think your opinion matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM
You don't represent all SM's. All relationships are unique and individual. Some SM's suck and some BM's suck.

But when it comes down to the nitty gritty end, SM's have no say. She can give her opinion to her DH and that is it.
mary841108
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM

as a step mother you dont have any legal rights sorry to burst your bubble, like i said, you want legal rights over a child, go have your own.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't need rights legally. See I do and always will have control over my life and home. As for the rest I have an awesome husband who considers my opinion by far more important than anyone else. We are a team, and we discuss things as such. So yes I know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry you are so wrong. If it were true you would have rights legally hunny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I have zero desire to be their mother. I have my own children tyvm. If I wanted to be mommy to more, I would have more. But I don't.

So if I'm nothing I suppose its safe to say you'd prefer your kids be excluded, not cared for, ignored, and not dealt with. Right?

Quoting mary841108:

you are nothing to those children than the other woman that married their dad that is it. your say and opinions are very limited. You do not have custody of those children, you didnt give birth to them. if you want to play mommy and make decisions then have your own kids and leave your husbands children alone. thank god my husband and I are still married because there would be some major issues. get over yourself you are not those childrens mother

Quoting Anonymous:

And you'd be in jail. Must suck to be so self defeating b

Quoting mary841108:

well thankfully my kids dont have a step mother because if she acted like you bitch would be getting knocked the fuck out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM
You have shitty reading comprehension.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Quoting mary841108:

as a step mother you dont have any legal rights sorry to burst your bubble, like i said, you want legal rights over a child, go have your own.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I love that my daughter's SM loves my daughter...but then making executive decisions about her that I've already expressed severe discomfort with, and trying to steal her from me? Yeah, that's not gonna fly. Sorry she can't have her own kids, but that doesn't mean she can steal mine.

mary841108
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM

well if the SM acted like you that wouldnt be an issue because they would never be around you so it is a moot point. like i said my husband and i are still happily married, he knows how i feel about the whole step parent issue and i dont see it ever being an issue

Quoting Anonymous:

I have zero desire to be their mother. I have my own children tyvm. If I wanted to be mommy to more, I would have more. But I don't.

So if I'm nothing I suppose its safe to say you'd prefer your kids be excluded, not cared for, ignored, and not dealt with. Right?

Quoting mary841108:

you are nothing to those children than the other woman that married their dad that is it. your say and opinions are very limited. You do not have custody of those children, you didnt give birth to them. if you want to play mommy and make decisions then have your own kids and leave your husbands children alone. thank god my husband and I are still married because there would be some major issues. get over yourself you are not those childrens mother

Quoting Anonymous:

And you'd be in jail. Must suck to be so self defeating b

Quoting mary841108:

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a BM but there is not nor will there ever be any SM in the picture so I can ignore this advice right? :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)