Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just an fyi, you bitches can't have it both fucking ways!

You can't say a sm has to love her stepchildren, treat them as their own and care for them, then say they have no right to opinions or input. Bottom line is your kids lives often affect the stepmothers life as well. Stepmoms have a right to "call the shots" in what affects their lives. They have a right to say what goes on in their homes. Don't like it? Too damn bad.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (71-80):
puertoricangeek
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

If only every BM and SM were like you two the world would be a nicer place. My BM and SM didn't get along until I was out of the picture, got married, and moved away. Now thwy are best friends.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

I love my sons step mom. He lives with them and she is wonderful about keeping me up to date about everything. She loves him as her own but has never tried to take my place. I am super grateful he has her.

Plus Sized and Pregnant
www.cafemom.com/groups/118326
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM
A confession!!! O.o

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes because I'm the one who would assault someone for not getting my own way.

Quoting mary841108:

judging by your maturity level im shocked they allowed you to breed and i am even more shocked that you are still married.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if you're insulted by facts **shrugs**

Quoting mary841108:

oh ...ouch...i feel sooo insulted.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have shitty reading comprehension.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Quoting mary841108:

as a step mother you dont have any legal rights sorry to burst your bubble, like i said, you want legal rights over a child, go have your own.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't need rights legally. See I do and always will have control over my life and home. As for the rest I have an awesome husband who considers my opinion by far more important than anyone else. We are a team, and we discuss things as such. So yes I know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry you are so wrong. If it were true you would have rights legally hunny.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think. I know it does.

Quoting Anonymous:

You really think your opinion matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

idk my sd has my dh her bm a stepdad and me her sm and we make sure we are all consistant with her and that means everyone is in charge! We make the rules together and everyone follows through and we have great communication between all of us

we do the same thing. except are rules are a little different because BM has older kids at her house when SD is there and my DS is the same age as SD but not as smart, but we keep each other in the loop.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Its so crystal how you would be as a ex

youre so transparent at the moment. You would not only make your ex hubs life and childrens lives miserable, you would make your own life miserable as well. If momma aint happy, no one will be happy

Veeeery mature..... and a waste of time. 

Youre bitter of your past and you carried it til now. Someone didnt teach you how to be happy, didnt show you that their issue werent yours to be burdened with even though mommy and daddy were no longer together. You sat on the bitter bus ride with one of your parents. 

If exs would just let go.... things could run much smoother in a lot of households.

Letting go doesnt mean  giving up your kids, it means make your own life happy, so your kids won't grow up bitter and feeling unloved or dominated by a SP.

Quoting mary841108:

well if the SM acted like you that wouldnt be an issue because they would never be around you so it is a moot point. like i said my husband and i are still happily married, he knows how i feel about the whole step parent issue and i dont see it ever being an issue

Quoting Anonymous:

I have zero desire to be their mother. I have my own children tyvm. If I wanted to be mommy to more, I would have more. But I don't.

So if I'm nothing I suppose its safe to say you'd prefer your kids be excluded, not cared for, ignored, and not dealt with. Right?

Quoting mary841108:

you are nothing to those children than the other woman that married their dad that is it. your say and opinions are very limited. You do not have custody of those children, you didnt give birth to them. if you want to play mommy and make decisions then have your own kids and leave your husbands children alone. thank god my husband and I are still married because there would be some major issues. get over yourself you are not those childrens mother

Quoting Anonymous:

And you'd be in jail. Must suck to be so self defeating b

Quoting mary841108:

well thankfully my kids dont have a step mother because if she acted like you bitch would be getting knocked the fuck out.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM

sarcasm perhaps?

lol

Quoting Anonymous:

A confession!!! O.o

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mary841108:

judging by your maturity level im shocked they allowed you to breed and i am even more shocked that you are still married.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mary841108:

as a step mother you dont have any legal rights sorry to burst your bubble, like i said, you want legal rights over a child, go have your own.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't need rights legally. See I do and always will have control over my life and home. As for the rest I have an awesome husband who considers my opinion by far more important than anyone else. We are a team, and we discuss things as such. So yes I know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry you are so wrong. If it were true you would have rights legally hunny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM
More situations should be like yours as a stepmother. Realistically its in the best interest of the kids for it to be. Granted there no one size fits all. But when it comes to raising children especially in two separate homes its important everyone can agree, and no one is excluded.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree.

I see it from both sides as I am a BM and a SM. My DS does have another "mom" figure in his life but at this time she doesnt get to call the shots or have opinions in what happenes with him reason being she doesnt really know my son and they only have him EOW so no she doesnt get a say. Now if she is helping my ex do whatever and calls the shots over there then that is something I cant control, like my ex cant control what me and my df do in our home.

Now with my SD I am very much involoved with her so we have had meetings, It was me, my df, and BM to go over our plan for SD so that everyone is on board BM knows that if she asks my DF something that she has to wait till he talks with me about it first so she has now learned to just text or call me instead because she can get a quicker answer. Just a few months ago we called another meeting to let BM know that my DF was getting a new job and that his hours wouldnt allow for him to take or pick up SD up from daycare and that I would be she looked at us like we had three heads and said yall didnt need to let me know that whatever yall do when shes with yall is up to you all as long as her best interest is in play. BM even calls me sometimes to find out when daycare is closed and if its on her day she will ask if I will watch her or if we can switch days.

Me and BM get along fine. Now me and my exs old lady not so much but thats because we dont have much contact not from my part but from thiers they wont call or text till the day before they are suppose to get him or return him.

mary841108
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

well as i've said, thankfully i dont see a divorce happening anytime soon. i'm sure if the SM didnt have the attitude that OP did there wouldnt be an issue. but just the way OP came across in her post, if that was what my husband married oh there would be BIG time issues.

Quoting SnapIt:

Its so crystal how you would be as a ex

youre so transparent at the moment. You would not only make your ex hubs life and childrens lives miserable, you would make your own life miserable as well. If momma aint happy, no one will be happy

Veeeery mature..... and a waste of time. 

Youre bitter of your past and you carried it til now. Someone didnt teach you how to be happy, didnt show you that their issue werent yours to be burdened with even though mommy and daddy were no longer together. You sat on the bitter bus ride with one of your parents. 

If exs would just let go.... things could run much smoother in a lot of households.

Letting go doesnt mean  giving up your kids, it means make your own life happy, so your kids won't grow up bitter and feeling unloved or dominated by a SP.

Quoting mary841108:

well if the SM acted like you that wouldnt be an issue because they would never be around you so it is a moot point. like i said my husband and i are still happily married, he knows how i feel about the whole step parent issue and i dont see it ever being an issue

Quoting Anonymous:

I have zero desire to be their mother. I have my own children tyvm. If I wanted to be mommy to more, I would have more. But I don't.

So if I'm nothing I suppose its safe to say you'd prefer your kids be excluded, not cared for, ignored, and not dealt with. Right?

Quoting mary841108:

you are nothing to those children than the other woman that married their dad that is it. your say and opinions are very limited. You do not have custody of those children, you didnt give birth to them. if you want to play mommy and make decisions then have your own kids and leave your husbands children alone. thank god my husband and I are still married because there would be some major issues. get over yourself you are not those childrens mother

Quoting Anonymous:

And you'd be in jail. Must suck to be so self defeating b

Quoting mary841108:

well thankfully my kids dont have a step mother because if she acted like you bitch would be getting knocked the fuck out.

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM
The difference being none.

Pot meet kettle.

Quoting mary841108:

no i would knock the bitch out for having an entitled attitude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Aint that the truth. It became so much easier when we had the first meeting and got to know each other. BM has gotten a little attiutde with me here lately but shes mostly upset that she had to get rid of her (it was in dfs name) and I got a new one. The thing she doesnt know is I got the car two weeks before she got rid of hers just had to wait for it to be delievered. Shes slowly getting over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

More situations should be like yours as a stepmother. Realistically its in the best interest of the kids for it to be. Granted there no one size fits all. But when it comes to raising children especially in two separate homes its important everyone can agree, and no one is excluded.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree.

I see it from both sides as I am a BM and a SM. My DS does have another "mom" figure in his life but at this time she doesnt get to call the shots or have opinions in what happenes with him reason being she doesnt really know my son and they only have him EOW so no she doesnt get a say. Now if she is helping my ex do whatever and calls the shots over there then that is something I cant control, like my ex cant control what me and my df do in our home.

Now with my SD I am very much involoved with her so we have had meetings, It was me, my df, and BM to go over our plan for SD so that everyone is on board BM knows that if she asks my DF something that she has to wait till he talks with me about it first so she has now learned to just text or call me instead because she can get a quicker answer. Just a few months ago we called another meeting to let BM know that my DF was getting a new job and that his hours wouldnt allow for him to take or pick up SD up from daycare and that I would be she looked at us like we had three heads and said yall didnt need to let me know that whatever yall do when shes with yall is up to you all as long as her best interest is in play. BM even calls me sometimes to find out when daycare is closed and if its on her day she will ask if I will watch her or if we can switch days.

Me and BM get along fine. Now me and my exs old lady not so much but thats because we dont have much contact not from my part but from thiers they wont call or text till the day before they are suppose to get him or return him.

mary841108
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

well i give huge props to your husbands ex for making your life a little harder. give her a huge hug from me, because clearly the way your attitude showed thru on your OP you deserve every bit of hell she can muster up and dish out. which is probably why you sound like such a bitter hag

Quoting Anonymous:

The difference being none.

Pot meet kettle.

Quoting mary841108:

no i would knock the bitch out for having an entitled attitude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mary841108:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured