Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Was In Prison Years Ago

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

When I was younger I was stupid. I stole some money and lied about my identification..... and got sent to prison for nearly 2 years. I was married and got divorced and had two kids and lost custody of them. They were adopted without my consent. Fast Forward to today...... I graduated from college, got a masters degree, I am now a Family and Marriage Counselor, I have been married for 4 years and we are expecting a baby. My husband knows the whole story and loves me despite my past.  Anyway, I am having lots of guilt for the 2 kids I lost. I have hired a attorney and we have been working on making a way to be a part of their lives. It looks as if I will not be successful. Was I wrong for moving on with my life????

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Ummmmm
Do you feel wrong for moving on?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
groovybabe
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM

You were not wrong at all.  It helped you become who you are today.  No regrets.  Just keep on moving fwd. 

angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I dont think you were wrong. You took your situation and did not stay there...you learned and bettered yourself. Had you stayed where you were when you got out of prison and not gone to school think about where you would be? Nowhere! The good thing is you learned and made something of your self. If you can not be a part of your childrens lives then maybe you could get a letter to them for when they are of age and explain to them your situation and that you do love them.

saral2790
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Of course not. Life goes on you're just doing what you need to do. It's not like you're not trying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

why didnt your XH keep the kids?

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

how old were they when you lost them? If they were little I say stay away from them because your jsut going to make things harder an more complicated for them. I have a little sister that was taken an adopted out when she was an infant an I wouldnt dare contact her because she was adopted out into a happy family an good life why mess it up. but thats jsut me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I have not felt "wrong" until we got pregnat. I am proud of who I am today.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Ummmmm
Do you feel wrong for moving on?

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I don't think I would ever stop trying to be a part of my other kids lives, but I don't expect you to sit around crying and feeling sorry for yourself, either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

They were both young.... 6 months and 3 years. They were adopted by my mom. She has not spoken to me since I went to jail. She is still very angry with me.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

how old were they when you lost them? If they were little I say stay away from them because your jsut going to make things harder an more complicated for them. I have a little sister that was taken an adopted out when she was an infant an I wouldnt dare contact her because she was adopted out into a happy family an good life why mess it up. but thats jsut me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

He went to prison too and is now back there.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

why didnt your XH keep the kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)