Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Plan b???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
.....I need you "well read" ladies advice. I'm married, but discussing divorce. DH knew I wasn't on bc and still had sex with me on fertile days. He now wants me to go get plan b from the pharmacy. If I have already ovulated would it then allow the egg not to implant? I'm getting mixed information online.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM
72 hour but I can be effective over 100 hours but the percent success rate drops dramatically
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM
We weren't thinking. Plain and simple. However after tears and major discussion, saving our marriage is the most important thing.

Quoting momto3B:

Your relationship could not have been good prior to sex if you are discussing divorce and worried about becoming pregnant. Just because he thinks sex fixes everything, what were you thinking having sex with no BC? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I state in my post that I was not on birth control. Divorce has only been in the picture for a couple days and my husband thinks sex fixes everything.

Quoting momto3B:

"He had sex with you"  on fertile days - were you not on BC? were you too unconscious to know this was a bad idea while you are discussing divorce? 

Does anyone on this site acutally use their BC properly or at all???

momto3B
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Perfect time to have a baby. Idiots.

Quoting Anonymous:

We weren't thinking. Plain and simple. However after tears and major discussion, saving our marriage is the most important thing.

Quoting momto3B:

Your relationship could not have been good prior to sex if you are discussing divorce and worried about becoming pregnant. Just because he thinks sex fixes everything, what were you thinking having sex with no BC? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I state in my post that I was not on birth control. Divorce has only been in the picture for a couple days and my husband thinks sex fixes everything.

Quoting momto3B:

"He had sex with you"  on fertile days - were you not on BC? were you too unconscious to know this was a bad idea while you are discussing divorce? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM

you say that like it (if your pregnant) that its your dh  fault. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:18 AM

I think it is great if you can work out your marriage.  Good luck.  Who knows maybe having a baby will save it, it did mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:21 AM

i took it because i was told it wasn't harmful if implantation had already occurred.  apparently it had and i was thrilled about the baby.  however, i miscarried at 12 weeks, baby stopped growing at 7.  i have no way of knowing if the pill had something to do with it, but i can't help but think it did.  i don't care what the circumstances are, i will never never never ever take it again. i'd rather have a dozen unplanned babies than go through another miscarriage (getting fixed after this pregnancy though so a dozen is definitely not in the cards lol)

Mamasomedaysoon
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Plan b is like a super birth control pill in one. From my understanding it makes the lining in your uterus too weak for an egg to even implant. It has to be a certain thickness for that. Or it kind of induces a period. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I never said it would be his fault. I just wanted to know if it worked if you've already ovulated.

Quoting Anonymous:

you say that like it (if your pregnant) that its your dh  fault. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Well it's definitely not the perfect timing, especially since we are in a very rough spot in our marriage, but we are definitely not idiots.

Quoting momto3B:

Perfect time to have a baby. Idiots.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Lol. I don't think a baby would save it, but our ds is a big part of why we are trying so hard to fix it. But if I do end up pregnant, after plan b, I guess it was meant to be. I wouldn't be devistated, that's for sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is great if you can work out your marriage.  Good luck.  Who knows maybe having a baby will save it, it did mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)