Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Plan b???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
.....I need you "well read" ladies advice. I'm married, but discussing divorce. DH knew I wasn't on bc and still had sex with me on fertile days. He now wants me to go get plan b from the pharmacy. If I have already ovulated would it then allow the egg not to implant? I'm getting mixed information online.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommylove818
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Plan B is only effective up to 72 hour after sex. If its been more than 3 days it is useless

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM

It tries to prevent a fertilized egg from implanting.  It  basically makes you shed the lining of your uterus.  I took it about 6 weeks ago and didn't have any side effects, just started my period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Well, I'm not far along in my cycle for implantation, just far enough for possible ovulation. I'm sorry about your mc...I had a mc a couple months ago, which started the bulk of dh and my problems.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i took it because i was told it wasn't harmful if implantation had already occurred.  apparently it had and i was thrilled about the baby.  however, i miscarried at 12 weeks, baby stopped growing at 7.  i have no way of knowing if the pill had something to do with it, but i can't help but think it did.  i don't care what the circumstances are, i will never never never ever take it again. i'd rather have a dozen unplanned babies than go through another miscarriage (getting fixed after this pregnancy though so a dozen is definitely not in the cards lol)

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM
its 150 hours now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Plan B is only effective up to 72 hour after sex. If its been more than 3 days it is useless

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Thanks.

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

Plan b is like a super birth control pill in one. From my understanding it makes the lining in your uterus too weak for an egg to even implant. It has to be a certain thickness for that. Or it kind of induces a period. Good luck

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM
i dont really understand...if you didn't have a problem getting pregnant and were thrilled about the baby...why would you have used plan b in the first place?

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i took it because i was told it wasn't harmful if implantation had already occurred.  apparently it had and i was thrilled about the baby.  however, i miscarried at 12 weeks, baby stopped growing at 7.  i have no way of knowing if the pill had something to do with it, but i can't help but think it did.  i don't care what the circumstances are, i will never never never ever take it again. i'd rather have a dozen unplanned babies than go through another miscarriage (getting fixed after this pregnancy though so a dozen is definitely not in the cards lol)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM

i wasn't either.   and we only had sex twice, both in the same weekend.  i took it on a tuesday.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I'm not far along in my cycle for implantation, just far enough for possible ovulation. I'm sorry about your mc...I had a mc a couple months ago, which started the bulk of dh and my problems.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Plan B can be taken up to 150 hours after unprotected sex occurs, the sooner the better.

It thins the lining of your uterus and basically makes you shed it, decreasing the chance of implantation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM

If the egg has already implanted it could be devastating. My friend took it 12 hours after a condom broke and it didn't work. Her doctor said that the egg must have implanted before she took the meds. She started bleeding immediately,but the doctor said it was fine. She miscarried at 13 weeks, and the fetus was malformed- most likely because of plan b.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM

It's like taking a huge dose of the bc pill, that's all. It won't do anything if you're already pregnant, it isn't an abortion pill, and it won't do anything after 3 days of having unprotected sex. It's just the bc pill, if you aren't against that in any way I'd recommend taking it. There is a ton of misinformation out there, I can see why you'd be cautious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN