Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Plan b???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
.....I need you "well read" ladies advice. I'm married, but discussing divorce. DH knew I wasn't on bc and still had sex with me on fertile days. He now wants me to go get plan b from the pharmacy. If I have already ovulated would it then allow the egg not to implant? I'm getting mixed information online.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (41-49):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

we weren't able to get any confirmation.  all i know is they refused to let me see the only ultrasound i ever got. which pisses me off to this day.  we weren't able to recover the baby to take to the hospital.  i passed out in the bathroom and DH flushed w/o realizing. i had nightmares about it for months.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i took it because i was told it wasn't harmful if implantation had already occurred.  apparently it had and i was thrilled about the baby.  however, i miscarried at 12 weeks, baby stopped growing at 7.  i have no way of knowing if the pill had something to do with it, but i can't help but think it did.  i don't care what the circumstances are, i will never never never ever take it again. i'd rather have a dozen unplanned babies than go through another miscarriage (getting fixed after this pregnancy though so a dozen is definitely not in the cards lol)

I just commented, the same exact thing happened to my friend! They were able to confirm the fetus was malformed, which leads everyone to believe it was from the plan B. so sorry for your loss mama!

:( that's so sad, why didn't they let you see the ultrasound? That's crazy to me. It was a 12 week ultrasound that confirmed the deformities, the baby had what appeared to be tumors or some other types of growths all over. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Yes, our problems started bc of the mc. He's not good about talking about his feelings, but we are working on that as well. I have the same feelings about the best pain medicine for mc is another baby, but since things are rough, I thought it best to wait.

Quoting Anonymous:

You had problems because of a miscarriage---I've been through marriage problems because of this. WORK OUT THE GRIEF TOGETHER. That is important.

Now, you are worried you are pregnant? The best CURE for the grief of a miscarriage is another baby!

I'm not seeing your logic.

I also do not think Plan B is a moral choice. If the egg is fertilized, it is a baby. That makes you a murderer if you use it!

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM

i had gone to the ER with cramping and spotting.  the heartbeat was really weak. she said something about hospital policy.  i honestly don't know. they told me i would lose it within the week. it happened the next day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

we weren't able to get any confirmation.  all i know is they refused to let me see the only ultrasound i ever got. which pisses me off to this day.  we weren't able to recover the baby to take to the hospital.  i passed out in the bathroom and DH flushed w/o realizing. i had nightmares about it for months.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i took it because i was told it wasn't harmful if implantation had already occurred.  apparently it had and i was thrilled about the baby.  however, i miscarried at 12 weeks, baby stopped growing at 7.  i have no way of knowing if the pill had something to do with it, but i can't help but think it did.  i don't care what the circumstances are, i will never never never ever take it again. i'd rather have a dozen unplanned babies than go through another miscarriage (getting fixed after this pregnancy though so a dozen is definitely not in the cards lol)

I just commented, the same exact thing happened to my friend! They were able to confirm the fetus was malformed, which leads everyone to believe it was from the plan B. so sorry for your loss mama!

:( that's so sad, why didn't they let you see the ultrasound? That's crazy to me. It was a 12 week ultrasound that confirmed the deformities, the baby had what appeared to be tumors or some other types of growths all over. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i had gone to the ER with cramping and spotting.  the heartbeat was really weak. she said something about hospital policy.  i honestly don't know. they told me i would lose it within the week. it happened the next day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

Hospitals are so awful with this type of thing! Multiple times she was losing so much blood that she passed out, and each time they sent her right home with hardly a check or anything!

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

that hospital was on my way home from work. when everything happened i went to the one closer to my old apartment (no choice. got taken in an ambulance).  they were WONDERFUL to me.  it's the only hospital i use now.  i don't live over there anymore, but every time i've had to take the kids to the ER, that's where i go. and i'm currently pregnant, so i picked an OB with affiliation with that hospital.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

Hospitals are so awful with this type of thing! Multiple times she was losing so much blood that she passed out, and each time they sent her right home with hardly a check or anything!

momto3B
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am still going with idiot, with a healthy dose of immature and utterly careless.  How can you get your marriage right if you are not mature enough not to have unprotected sex while you are in such a bad place in your relationship that your are acutally discussing divorce?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it's definitely not the perfect timing, especially since we are in a very rough spot in our marriage, but we are definitely not idiots.

Quoting momto3B:

Perfect time to have a baby. Idiots.

Quoting Anonymous:

We weren't thinking. Plain and simple. However after tears and major discussion, saving our marriage is the most important thing.

Quoting momto3B:

Your relationship could not have been good prior to sex if you are discussing divorce and worried about becoming pregnant. Just because he thinks sex fixes everything, what were you thinking having sex with no BC? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I state in my post that I was not on birth control. Divorce has only been in the picture for a couple days and my husband thinks sex fixes everything.

Quoting momto3B:

"He had sex with you"  on fertile days - were you not on BC? were you too unconscious to know this was a bad idea while you are discussing divorce? 

Does anyone on this site acutally use their BC properly or at all???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Immature is one thing I'm not. My husband and I hit a very rough spot in our marriage. Trying to rebond with my husband does not make either of us an idiot. At least we didn't just call it quits like most people would do.

Quoting momto3B:

I am still going with idiot, with a healthy dose of immature and utterly careless.  How can you get your marriage right if you are not mature enough not to have unprotected sex while you are in such a bad place in your relationship that your are acutally discussing divorce?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it's definitely not the perfect timing, especially since we are in a very rough spot in our marriage, but we are definitely not idiots.

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

We weren't thinking. Plain and simple. However after tears and major discussion, saving our marriage is the most important thing.

Quoting momto3B:

Your relationship could not have been good prior to sex if you are discussing divorce and worried about becoming pregnant. Just because he thinks sex fixes everything, what were you thinking having sex with no BC? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I state in my post that I was not on birth control. Divorce has only been in the picture for a couple days and my husband thinks sex fixes everything.

Quoting momto3B:

"He had sex with you"  on fertile days - were you not on BC? were you too unconscious to know this was a bad idea while you are discussing divorce? 

momto3B
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM

No, having unprotected sex while in the middle of a "very rough spot in your marriage" makes you immature.

I would also add reckless as your OP was 60+ hours after unprotected sex and you are asking cafemomer's to give you the finer points on how to use Plan B.  Why not just go to the pharmacy IMMEDIATELY and talk to the people with the infomation? Why wait over 60 hours?

Quoting Anonymous:

Immature is one thing I'm not. My husband and I hit a very rough spot in our marriage. Trying to rebond with my husband does not make either of us an idiot. At least we didn't just call it quits like most people would do.

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM
No, my original post was 24 hours after the first and 12 hours after the second. And I did go to the pharmacy, but I wanted more answers before I actually took it.

Quoting momto3B:

No, having unprotected sex while in the middle of a "very rough spot in your marriage" makes you immature.

I would also add reckless as your OP was 60+ hours after unprotected sex and you are asking cafemomer's to give you the finer points on how to use Plan B.  Why not just go to the pharmacy IMMEDIATELY and talk to the people with the infomation? Why wait over 60 hours?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto3B:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN