Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS worthy or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

This gal I know, Jaimie, leaves her son in the car all the time. He just turned 2 last month. It's like 37 degrees out now but she does it a lot all year. her excuses 'oh the doors are locked he's fine' or 'it's not that cold out he has his blankie if he needs it' or 'he's been being a grump-ass all day, if I wake him from his nap he'll just scream' or 'I'll hear him if he screams' regardless of time of day/night. in the summer she'll roll all the windows down.  I've seen her do it in an apt complex (where she was a basement apt on the other side of the building from the parking lot), I've seen her do it at gas stations (where I randomly bumped into her). I've seen her do it at both my old house (where parking was on the street) & at this house (where we have a driveway in back, but it's an old house,and damn near soundproof).I'm sure she does it at her new place too but I haven't been there yet. it's another apt complex but not in the projects like her old one was. At my house my SO just goes outside for a lot of 'smoke breaks' or 'phone calls' and basically checks on the kid every 5 min or so. When I saw him sleeping in her car at her old place I woke him up and had him walk in with me and just told her he was awake when I pulled up.

I've tried talking to her, giving her every possible scenario, but she still leaves him in the car all the time. idk what to do. She's not mom of the year but otherwise the kid is basically taken care of. He still takes a binky and a baby kind of sippy. but she feeds him. not on a schedule and usually not that good but he eats ya know.he has clothes & toys & a bed. her place is usually pretty cleanish. maybe a toy or two or a few dishes but it's not a filthy mess. kids not being abused that I know of. She loves him although she could watch her mouth (calls him stink-ass,grouch-ass,silly-ass).

I just realised overall that she's not that great of a parent at all. I know the daddy isn't, he's my ex-husband. I left him because he was abusive and didn't take proper care of our kids. I only see her so that my daughters can know their-half brother.(I have a no-contact order on the dad) Plus she's actually a decent person to talk to sometimes. But is all this, mostly the car thing CPS worthy? omg I feel sorry for poor lil D if Jaimie really is preg like everyone suspects.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I read the first sentence. YES. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM

No. Not CPS worthy.  Just wait until the inevitable happens and then lament the fact that you never called.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM
5 moms liked this

maybe call the police and tell them taht you see a toddler in a car, unattended... then the police will either contact CPS or they will talk with her and it'll be the wake up call she needs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Yes.
HPfanatic
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Call the cops the next time she does it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Definitely yes and better do it now especially if she is pg. She will do it to the new baby as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Not cps worthy, but definitely police worthy, and if it keeps up after that THEN I'd cps her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Yes. Call CPS. You may save his life

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:32 PM

to the people saying call the cops...how? like excuse myself to the bathroom when she's over and call them or what? or would I be better off just making a report to cps?

are they going to take the kid if I do? I hope not. He's a sweetie, I would totally take him in if they would let me.

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
This. That way she cant lie her way out of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe call the police and tell them taht you see a toddler in a car, unattended... then the police will either contact CPS or they will talk with her and it'll be the wake up call she needs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)