Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Post pics, specify numbers, anything. Just curious about what others perceive as fat.

Bonus question!: What do you consider chubby or thick VS fat?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Replies (91-100):
caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Thanks :) A lot of people might not look at nine pounds as much at all, especially since I weight so much anyway. But it's better than nine pounds gained.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Wow congrats that is great! I'm currently losing weight as well. It isn't easy , but it is worth it to be comfortable and happy with your body. Plus the health benefits, the energy difference, etc. I have 25 more pounds to lose until I reach my goal weight. That means I am half way there now (from where I started) and it was worth every second.

Quoting caito:

I'm a fat pear shape. I weighed 265 pounds this morning. I've been dieting and exercising for three weeks now, I started at 274. I won't be marginally satisfied until I reach 200. Then I might just be overweight.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I think I am a genetically modified fruit, the peapple. 

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I'm the entire apple tree! lol

Quoting samanthastaatss:

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM

This girl is thick:

This girl is fat (left):

This girl is chubby

These are all just my opinions, obviously. Just what I think of when I think of those words. 

your_angel
1 mom liked this
I consider myself thick. Call it fat or obese if you will to each his own. Everyone carries their weight differently though. Looking at me I guarantee you'd never guess how much I weigh (pre pregnancy that is) I'm super heavy but I carry it well.
plus big or not I look good as hell lol. No point in self loathing just cuz you're a bigger girl. You can be big and beautiful I promise :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paknari
I agree most of the time but I know a lot of pear shaped women who eat an apple and their asses look like shelving. Pear shaped women can look huge pretty quickly also. I think it just depends on the particular person.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I don't think that's what she meant. I think she is trying to show how proportions can make someone look fat just as much as someone's weight can. You have to admit, it is harder for someone who is an apple shape to carry as much weight as someone of other shapes.

Quoting paknari:

So even if an apple shapes person was not quite as big they are always considered fat? That doesn't make sense. You will always be apple or pear

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

The fat girl has way thinner legs. Weird.

Quoting samanthastaatss:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM

no but there is a lot under a layer of chub lol my lean body mass is 130lbs. i work out quite a bit. i did p90x before becoming pregnant. i worked out 5-6 days a week during my entire pregnancy. unfortunately i also gain a ton while preggo . so i am still losing the last 15 or so from a 45lb gain this time

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

are you like, solid muscle?

Quoting svolkov:

5' 7

Quoting kryptomom:

178??? No flipping way.  Are you 6'5"? 

Quoting svolkov:

This id me several months ago. I weighed 178 size 12. I see this as curvy. If u get lumps then its fat lol otherwise ur good. If u see only bones youre too thin.imo

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I think Beyonce is thick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I have a few lbs to lose.....

cdbbld12
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Im not sure if you just photograph well, but in this pictures I do not think you are chubby at all. In fact I think you look great not to big or too skinny, You look healthy. If I was you I would try to stay right at the weight you are now.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I think for my height I'm a little chubby. I'm 5ft tall & recently went from 130 down to 120. :D I still have more to lose, but 10 lbs is a good start. I would feel much better if I could lose the damn love handles.

Its had to say size _______ is fat or ______lbs is fat because every body is built differently. 

annabelle338
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I have an hour glass figure and Im considered obese at 174. I have lost about 25 pounds and Im still goin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN