Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dessert every night? how about a snack before bed.

I feel like the only parent who doesn't do that. 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM
We only have dessert if I feel like making it or dh feels like bringing something home. I love to bake, and I do often, but dont make a dessert every night for after dinner. Dh and I will have a glass of wine or he will have a beer. And if for some reason ds 4 is hungry before bed he gets cereal or a fruit, he knows that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM
No we don't do desert. They do get a healthy snack before bed.
AleaKat
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM
They get a cookie if they finish their diner.
That's not necessarily cleaning the plate but eating enough of it that dad and I are satisfied with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley

No I don't give my daughter snacks or dessert before bed or after dinner. For one we eat dinner at 6 or 6:30 and she is in bed by 7. Second, I don't like the idea of dessert every night, I don't think it's a good habit to get into. Food is fuel (I had weight problems so I try my best to have a balance about what food is and good habits, but I get that she's a kid-my daughter is 6) and I try to teach my daughter to look at food this way. It can taste great and dessert can be good but it's not an all the time every night thing. We usually let her have a dessert after dinner on Sunday nights. After Halloween she may get it a little more often but I try to not do that if possible. Snacks before bed is definitely not a good habit for later in life, so I can honestly say I have never done that.

Ealane2011
Every once in a while but not often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM
We don't. We do dessert very rarely, and only do snacks before bed if the kids are hungry.
momof2891
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Not necessarily dessert (unless its a birthday) but I will let them have a before bed snack but only if they ate the majority of their dinner. If they don't eat the majority of it, I will put it in the fridge and if they say they are hungry, I will heat their dinner up and they can eat the rest of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VAGal25
Depends. If we had an early dinner and she didn't eat much I might do a snack. No dessert really though. She thinks fruit is dessert and I'm going with it! Lol. She's 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86

nope my kids dont get a dessert every night, I wasnt raised that way

Their snack is a cup of milk

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Dessert every night?  No, not every single night.

They don't eat before they go to bed.  We eat dinner together and the kitchen is closed after the dishes are washed and last minute nibbles are finished.  There generally is no eating in our home after 8pm because food needs to be digested long before they go to sleep for the night.  Eating and then sleeping make fat individuals.

Ugh this is so true!  I think this is MY problem, I get so munchy at night grrr!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN