Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no bottles at doctor

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When my kids were 5months and 18months, I took them to a pediatrician with a no food or drink allowed policy what-so-ever. Not in the waiting room. Not in the exam room. Reason given was "it's a pediatrican's office, some kids have FOOD ALLERGIES"

That ALSO meant my 18m/o couldn't drink his sippy cup, and 5m/o couldn't drink his bottle of formula. I got scolded for giving an INFANT his bottle. But guess what? Breast feeding is protected by law so THOSE infants could eat while they were there. Thoughts on this? Anyone?

Oh I never took my kids to that doctor again and it was the only time they ever went to this practice.  :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok maybe I'm just dumb but if other kids have food allergies, why does it matter if your kid eats from a bottle or whatever, its not the other kids even touch it and surely don't consume it ???
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM

At that young of an age kids are always drinking a bottle or eating. My older one is now 2 and is CONSTANTLY drinking out of his sippy cup when he's not eating.

Quoting katie2007709:

so feed them before u go and after the apt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have left. I wouldn't use a doctor like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

It was the one and only time they saw that doctor. We had moved from 2 towns over and changed doctors, then when my husband and I split up I took them to my home state where they have a new doctor.

Quoting Baby4us09:

Find anoter doctor!

katie2007709
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM
2 moms liked this
not to sound mean or offend but thats not good for their teeth mine gets sippy at each meal and one before bed

Quoting Anonymous:

At that young of an age kids are always drinking a bottle or eating. My older one is now 2 and is CONSTANTLY drinking out of his sippy cup when he's not eating.

Quoting katie2007709:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I'm not too worried the 2y/o is a good boy about brushing his teether 2x a day and they're only baby teeth anyway.

Quoting katie2007709:

not to sound mean or offend but thats not good for their teeth mine gets sippy at each meal and one before bed

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting katie2007709:

anjones09
by Ash on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I'm glad you left and didn't go back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brebugmom91
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM
This. That's unacceptable. A baby should be allowed to eat wherever no matter bottle or boob.

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

I would have walked out and not wasted anymore of my time

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Well I would have fed my 5 month old vefore we got there and I never allowed my kids to carry around a sippy cup so that wouldn't have been a problem. My kids got drinks at meals and snacks.
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM
But they can be breastfed??

Quoting jillbailey26:

They don't want kids eating before their appointment.  Part of the check up is them looking at their teeth, mouth, and throat.  Some kids gag.  If they've just been given something to eat, they could throw up all over the place.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)