Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no bottles at doctor

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When my kids were 5months and 18months, I took them to a pediatrician with a no food or drink allowed policy what-so-ever. Not in the waiting room. Not in the exam room. Reason given was "it's a pediatrican's office, some kids have FOOD ALLERGIES"

That ALSO meant my 18m/o couldn't drink his sippy cup, and 5m/o couldn't drink his bottle of formula. I got scolded for giving an INFANT his bottle. But guess what? Breast feeding is protected by law so THOSE infants could eat while they were there. Thoughts on this? Anyone?

Oh I never took my kids to that doctor again and it was the only time they ever went to this practice.  :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Your two year old is the exception, not the rule.
If your office really has this rule, then the wait times must be very short. I find it very difficult to believe that this is not a troll post.

Quoting Anonymous:

So equality in regards to feeding infants only applies to breast feeding moms?

Also where are these children just tossing bottles all over the place? I have a 9 amd 2yr old and last time I checked they don't throw their things on the floor.

Like I said, my baby can't eat well then yours can wait as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is also the matter of germs. As your kid is throwing their bottle all over the floor in a place that sick people come, and then picking it up and popping it in their mouth while you sit and play on your phone, they are picking up those germs.

I can also guarantee that my breast isn't falling on the floor.

Quoting Anonymous:

And I can guarantee that nobodys children could get my kids bottle.

I can't feed my infant,neither can you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I guarantee no other child is getting my breast milk. The same cant be said about bottles and such. I've seen kids try to use other kids bottles and cups.

Your kid didn't need juice

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I'm not op, but I've personally never had an issue.

I do take issue with the whole mentality of the bf moms here.

Y'all want to feed your babies wherever and whenever, which is fine, but if they are going to make exceptions for one set of mothers than they need to include the other set as well.

If not then no, you should have to follow the same rooms, no food no drinks. Breastmilk is considered baby food, same as formula.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your two year old is the exception, not the rule.

If your office really has this rule, then the wait times must be very short. I find it very difficult to believe that this is not a troll post.

Quoting Anonymous:

So equality in regards to feeding infants only applies to breast feeding moms?

Also where are these children just tossing bottles all over the place? I have a 9 amd 2yr old and last time I checked they don't throw their things on the floor.

Like I said, my baby can't eat well then yours can wait as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is also the matter of germs. As your kid is throwing their bottle all over the floor in a place that sick people come, and then picking it up and popping it in their mouth while you sit and play on your phone, they are picking up those germs.

I can also guarantee that my breast isn't falling on the floor.

Quoting Anonymous:

And I can guarantee that nobodys children could get my kids bottle.

I can't feed my infant,neither can you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I guarantee no other child is getting my breast milk. The same cant be said about bottles and such. I've seen kids try to use other kids bottles and cups.

Your kid didn't need juice

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

It is one thing to say no nut products--which is understandable! But to go so far as no sippy cups/bottles/bottles of water is RIDICULOUS.

Quoting Youngmother456:

What if this doctor has one or several paitents who have a severe peanut allergy where just the dust could kill them?
I do not understand the drink ban but I can see how a doctor could ban snacks. Especially if he knows he has patients with severe allergies. The doctor may ban all snacks just to be cautious or even to cover his ass in a lawsuit.

I do not understand people who think like you. A child could listen to his parents and not ask for food but he still could die from the exposure. I hope you bring 100% peanut free snacks only and are not so selfish that you would rather risk a kids life so you don't have to hear your kid complain.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand that policy. Kids are always hungry especially my kids. I always carry snacks for them. They are 4 and 7. This is also posted in the pediatrician's office but I don't follow it. They can kiss my ass. If your child has an allergy then you should teach them not to ask people for their food. I rather feed my kids than hear them whine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Guess you should have breastfed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have fed them before leaving home.  There should be a three to four hour gap between feedings even for the six month old. Obesity is a problem in this country, and kids eating three meals, three scheduled "snacks" of junk between meals and getting "treats" every time they whine is putting too much unnatural emphasis on oral gratification.

My son was small as an infant and they encouraged me to feed him as much as possible. He is 1y/o now and still very small.

MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
maybe you should get over it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

It's a valid request. Deal with it.

mary841108
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM

so were you supposed to let the child starve? i would have told them too bad for their luck, my kid is hungry! I hope the dr you have now is not a complete ass hat!

Youngmother456
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I agree. Maybe there's a reason but I have no idea why.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is one thing to say no nut products--which is understandable! But to go so far as no sippy cups/bottles/bottles of water is RIDICULOUS.

Quoting Youngmother456:

What if this doctor has one or several paitents who have a severe peanut allergy where just the dust could kill them?
I do not understand the drink ban but I can see how a doctor could ban snacks. Especially if he knows he has patients with severe allergies. The doctor may ban all snacks just to be cautious or even to cover his ass in a lawsuit.

I do not understand people who think like you. A child could listen to his parents and not ask for food but he still could die from the exposure. I hope you bring 100% peanut free snacks only and are not so selfish that you would rather risk a kids life so you don't have to hear your kid complain.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand that policy. Kids are always hungry especially my kids. I always carry snacks for them. They are 4 and 7. This is also posted in the pediatrician's office but I don't follow it. They can kiss my ass. If your child has an allergy then you should teach them not to ask people for their food. I rather feed my kids than hear them whine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

there are laws protecting bf moms. If I am allowed to be there I can nurse whether you can bottle feed or not. Get over it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)