Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This wasn't what I was expecting....

Posted by   + Show Post

I need some help -- I am working on a story about all those little not-so-wonderful horrors/secrets about pregnancy, post-partum, nursing and newborns that no one ever talks about  ie cankles, vericose veins, the big ol pads from the hospital, saggy breasts, clothes that will never fit again, colic, loss of romance, etc.

What do you wish you'd known about BEFORE you became pregnant/had a baby? 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM

that my belly button could stretch so tight that it looked like it would rip. that even though you get an epideral placed, theres no gaurentee that it will take affect AT ALL.

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM

LMAO! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Farts can be horrible while pregnant

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Before I became pregnant, I wish someone would have told me about the possibilty of a high risk pregnancy and that bedrest is NOT fun.

I got pregnant with my first when I was 18 (and married). My friend had a baby the year before and she did everything, including dance at senior prom.

I expected to beebop thru pregnancy like she did. And then at 4 months my Dr discoved my cervix was already thinning and it was too late to do a cervical stitch, so I went on strict bedrest. 

I also wish someone would have told me that a natural birth can go from totally normal, to life threatening emergency and a c-section in seconds. My last delivery ended that way due to a cord prolapse.

I wish someone had told me that having a baby meant forever walking around with a piece of my heart on the outside of my body. 

lovey75
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM
That sleeping is wonderful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I know the feeling. I got my very 1st one while in labor with my oldest and tgey kept coming back in my next two pregnancies. I thought after i was done having kids they would go away...wrong. I also have to have mine surgically removed.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

CjEmmemommy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

That I had choices in how I birthed. I wish I knew what I did for my last with my first but the birth was still amazing.

I had amazing pregnancies, labors, births, recovery and nursing with all 3 it was bliss,

quietbookworm
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Sleeping at the end of the pregnancy is hard.

No your dh does not understand what you are going through. Explain to him so he understands. Then yell at him letting him know you need more brownies.

Getting off the potty becomes a circus act at end of pregnancy.

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM

That sometimes bonding isn't instant. I have only had that problem with one of my children (there were issues with the pregnancy and I think I was afraid to get attached), but I see a lot of posts on here from women who feel guilty about it and think they are bad mothers.

tleedavis
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM

That everytime I sneeze, cough, laugh too hard, I would pee myself, even after having these kids.

quietbookworm
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM

No matter what the doc says you will feel like you have been pregnant for a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)