Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This wasn't what I was expecting....

Posted by   + Show Post

I need some help -- I am working on a story about all those little not-so-wonderful horrors/secrets about pregnancy, post-partum, nursing and newborns that no one ever talks about  ie cankles, vericose veins, the big ol pads from the hospital, saggy breasts, clothes that will never fit again, colic, loss of romance, etc.

What do you wish you'd known about BEFORE you became pregnant/had a baby? 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Replies (151-157):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM
if you don't change them before you feed them they're not going back to sleep
Newmommy2013_
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM
After reading through this post, I've decided this baby is just going to have to find another way out, haha.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Newmommy2013_
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Bump for more. I think I want to know so I can be mentally prepared.
Newmommy2013_
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM
No. Just no. Is there a way to avoid this? (I'm 22 weeks pregnant with my first.)

Quoting opal10161973:

It's where they cut through the skin, muscle, rectal/vaginal wall, AND through the anal sphincter to create enough room to allow the baby to be birthed.  Yes siree!  I have a scar from my anus to my vag. 

Quoting veronicamw:

What is that

Quoting opal10161973:

I had it with my first.  It took me 9.5 years to have another one, which thankfully, was a C Section.  It was so much easier than my first!  Recovery was ten times faster.  I told my family, if I had the first one that way, I would have easily had ten kids by then.  LOL

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

LOL -- I didn't have to experience that until my 3rd was born... I doubt I would be either! 

Quoting opal10161973:

I doubt I would be a Mom now, if I knew what a 4th degree cut was.  LOL

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Have a small baby or opt for a c section. I had a fourth degree tear. Awful!

Quoting Newmommy2013_:

No. Just no. Is there a way to avoid this? (I'm 22 weeks pregnant with my first.)

Quoting opal10161973:

It's where they cut through the skin, muscle, rectal/vaginal wall, AND through the anal sphincter to create enough room to allow the baby to be birthed.  Yes siree!  I have a scar from my anus to my vag. 

Quoting veronicamw:

What is that

Quoting opal10161973:

I had it with my first.  It took me 9.5 years to have another one, which thankfully, was a C Section.  It was so much easier than my first!  Recovery was ten times faster.  I told my family, if I had the first one that way, I would have easily had ten kids by then.  LOL

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

LOL -- I didn't have to experience that until my 3rd was born... I doubt I would be either! 

Quoting opal10161973:

Newmommy2013_
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM
This whole process is terrifying. But there's no turning back now, might as well get mentally prepared for the different possibilities... So here's another bump.

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

Have a small baby or opt for a c section. I had a fourth degree tear. Awful!

Quoting Newmommy2013_:

Quoting opal10161973:

Quoting veronicamw:

What is that

Quoting opal10161973:

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

Quoting opal10161973:

opal10161973
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Too late now.  BWAHAHAHA!

Sorry, I didn't really mean that.  It is very rare to get a 4th degree cut or tear anymore.  If a woman is having this much of a problem, they will go in for a C Section hours before it ever gets to this point.  I should NEVER have had a vaginal birth according to both OB's with my other two chldren.  It would have been found sooner, if an actual DR had seen me. 

This happened in 1994 at the UMC or University Medical Center in Las Vegas, NV, it's a teaching hospital.  They treated their patients like shit there and since most were poor and uneducated, they didn't even know how wrong it was.  I KNEW, but there is only so much you can do when your epidural wore off because your anesthesiologist put saline in your back and stole your meds, and you are in so much pain you can barely breathe.  Yeah, couldn't prove it, but I am pretty sure the nurse knew.  She couldn't even find him for over an hour.  I heard they revamped- as in new management- the place awhile back.  I bet they did.  SMH

Quoting Newmommy2013_:

Quoting opal10161973:

Quoting veronicamw:

What is that

Quoting opal10161973:

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

Quoting opal10161973:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN