Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This wasn't what I was expecting....

Posted by   + Show Post

I need some help -- I am working on a story about all those little not-so-wonderful horrors/secrets about pregnancy, post-partum, nursing and newborns that no one ever talks about  ie cankles, vericose veins, the big ol pads from the hospital, saggy breasts, clothes that will never fit again, colic, loss of romance, etc.

What do you wish you'd known about BEFORE you became pregnant/had a baby? 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Oh my god I remember that! It's like they have no clue they are hurting you!!

Quoting DarksMama:

That after a CS, every nurse on the planet will just walk in, peel back your blankets and go down your hospital panties to check your pad, and then insist on pushing into your already sore belly whether you want them to or not.

Pain killers are more constipating than pregnancy.

puking from blood loss during a CS is not fun

failed inductions are crap. Especially since they refuse to let you eat.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Titana
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM
That after u deliver the nurse will push VERY hard on ur stomach numerous times to get all the blood and gunk out. That hurt like crazy for me!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM

They know. They just don't give 2 shits because they have paperwork to do or they get their asses chewed. I sympathize with them, but they have to be so damned rough about it?? Yikes.

Quoting workingmama86:

Oh my god I remember that! It's like they have no clue they are hurting you!!

Quoting DarksMama:

That after a CS, every nurse on the planet will just walk in, peel back your blankets and go down your hospital panties to check your pad, and then insist on pushing into your already sore belly whether you want them to or not.

Pain killers are more constipating than pregnancy.

puking from blood loss during a CS is not fun

failed inductions are crap. Especially since they refuse to let you eat.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM

that your boobs leak before the baby comes and it comes out  not like a hose its like a shower head through your whole nipple not just the pointy part  ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Skin tags! Both times i was pregant, the whole pregnancy i got skin tags... ugh.

Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Feet in the ribs!
opal10161973
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I had it with my first.  It took me 9.5 years to have another one, which thankfully, was a C Section.  It was so much easier than my first!  Recovery was ten times faster.  I told my family, if I had the first one that way, I would have easily had ten kids by then.  LOL

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

LOL -- I didn't have to experience that until my 3rd was born... I doubt I would be either! 

Quoting opal10161973:

I doubt I would be a Mom now, if I knew what a 4th degree cut was.  LOL

Lennox28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM

OMG okay now I'm definitely not looking forward to this part, but I have to say the way you worded it made me literally LOL and my DH is looking at me funny.  : )

Quoting TaylorBaby:

that you don't jusst "lose" your mucous plug, but that it will regenterate and make it so it seems your va jay jay has a sinus infection.

TaylorBaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM

that is the very best way to decribe it. a friend of mine just had her baby and she was asking me about losing her mucus plug. she was so confused as to why it didn't stop. i don't tend to candy coat things so i said this to her and she just said YES!! that is what it was!!

Quoting Lennox28:

OMG okay now I'm definitely not looking forward to this part, but I have to say the way you worded it made me literally LOL and my DH is looking at me funny.  : )

Quoting TaylorBaby:

that you don't jusst "lose" your mucous plug, but that it will regenterate and make it so it seems your va jay jay has a sinus infection.

nicole9211
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM
how bad post-partum depression can be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN