Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This wasn't what I was expecting....

Posted by   + Show Post

I need some help -- I am working on a story about all those little not-so-wonderful horrors/secrets about pregnancy, post-partum, nursing and newborns that no one ever talks about  ie cankles, vericose veins, the big ol pads from the hospital, saggy breasts, clothes that will never fit again, colic, loss of romance, etc.

What do you wish you'd known about BEFORE you became pregnant/had a baby? 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM
If you ever need to know how to handle that, run water over everything while you pee. I had to seriously pee in the shower and run water over your lady bits. It keeps it from burning.

Quoting mrswillie:

ripping or sitches down their and the burning that came with peeing!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

If you ever need to know how to handle that, run water over everything while you pee. I had to seriously pee in the shower and run water over your lady bits. It keeps it from burning.

Quoting mrswillie:

It's been 16 years since I had my last son. I did learn that with my first. They refused to let me leave the hospital until I went. Finally I used a bottle of very cold water to go pee.

xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM
That you can get stretch marks all the way down to your ankles no matter how much expensive stretch mark cream you lather on, it's genetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM

peeing after vaginal birth. omg. really?

tucks and a bottle of warm water to squirt on yourself while you pee and tucks to pat yourself with...

my mom got these for me. after i had my first dd i tore. what a lifesaver those were. i can give birth naturally no problem. peeing after made me cry.

pregomom468
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

that your hair can get really thick..... EVERYWHERE :(

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM

i just posted about it but Tucks are great. they have witch hazel and they soothe the burning.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Quoting mrswillie:

It's been 16 years since I had my last son. I did learn that with my first. They refused to let me leave the hospital until I went. Finally I used a bottle of very cold water to go pee.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Damnit man!!! I know it's going to happen to me because I have loose stools anyway. That's gonna suck!

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Did this happen to you?? I'm so worried it'll happen to me lol!

Quoting mrswillie:

shitting while pushing. lol

With all 3 of mine. (I was in the delivery for 2 of my grandsons and it happened then also.)

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Oh, you may not even realize it. lol

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Damnit man!!! I know it's going to happen to me because I have loose stools anyway. That's gonna suck!

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting mrswillie:

With all 3 of mine. (I was in the delivery for 2 of my grandsons and it happened then also.)

juniebug11
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM

About vagianal varicose veins!! Ouch major

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I just told my boyfriend if it happens DO NOT MENTION IT TO ME!!! Lol him or the doctors!

Quoting mrswillie:

Oh, you may not even realize it. lol

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting mrswillie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)