Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can a baby be born addicted to...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Caffeine? Ok I drink like 8 cups of coffee and have like 4-5 sodas a day. Can a baby be born addicted to caffeine? What if you breastfeed and drink a bunch of caffeine? What if you formula feed would the baby go through withdraws like an adult would or would the baby not react the same? Just something that I was thinking about.
Has anyone had a miscarriage and contributed it to an excess in caffeine?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrickettyBoo
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Crack baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beethann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Seriously? 8 cups of coffee and 5 soda's a day?? I am surprised your poor baby's little heart has not exploded yet. Cheese and rice!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM
LOL! There is NO way this can be a serious question - at lease not since GOOGLE was invented.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I drank Dr. Pepper all day, every day when I was pregnant. Both of my kids came out okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM

That is WAY too much caffeine for someone who is pregnant. And yes, you need to watch caffeine intake while breastfeeding. Too much caffeine can cause anxiety problems, heart problems, etc, for baby. And yes, baby can be born addicted. What are you doing to that poor innocent child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Like I said just something on my mind not really interested in Googleing but wondered what others thought

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL! There is NO way this can be a serious question - at lease not since GOOGLE was invented.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I don't know about being born addicted, but I know when I drank too much caffine when I was breastfeeding, my babies would be fussy and not sleep as well

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karraselle
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Dr. Pepper contains the least amount of caffeine out of all the caffeinated sodas.

Quoting Anonymous:

I drank Dr. Pepper all day, every day when I was pregnant. Both of my kids came out okay.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Oh my goodness! Yes! And not to mention lots of other complications. That's not good, mama :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN