Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can a baby be born addicted to...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Caffeine? Ok I drink like 8 cups of coffee and have like 4-5 sodas a day. Can a baby be born addicted to caffeine? What if you breastfeed and drink a bunch of caffeine? What if you formula feed would the baby go through withdraws like an adult would or would the baby not react the same? Just something that I was thinking about.
Has anyone had a miscarriage and contributed it to an excess in caffeine?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM

The March of Dimes has done research on this. I don't want to quote without facts but I know it's not good for the baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Bump. I googled it but there was no definite answer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Bump
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM

yes babies can be born addicted to caffeine.. and that's why they say no more than 8 ounces of coffee a day.. (or the equivalent to that in caffeine).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I seriously thought you were going to say cm!! Lol
grouchymama
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Quoting Casperstalks:

The only thing my mom craved when she was pregnant with me is coffee.. guess who loves coffee? Yup. Me. From the time I was 2 I was sneaking her coffee... Now I just go get my own. xD

When DD was 22mo I was drinking coffee while she was nursing. She let go of my breast and ask "Some sip of you coffee please?" At that point I decided she really didn't need to be nursing anymore. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I seriously thought you were going to say cm!! Lol

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM

i would think so

FrancineSmith
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Are you drinking decaf? If not, you should try switching to it and gradually weaning yourself off to a more conservative amount.

Casperstalks
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Hahaha! That's too cute! My SD (2 years old) tries to get to my coffee, but I'm thinking she has ADD/ADHD (BM and Dad both do, and she definitely has the hyperactiveness. Lol) so I try to keep any and all coffee out of reach, at least until she's a bit older. =p

Quoting grouchymama:

Quoting Casperstalks:

The only thing my mom craved when she was pregnant with me is coffee.. guess who loves coffee? Yup. Me. From the time I was 2 I was sneaking her coffee... Now I just go get my own. xD

When DD was 22mo I was drinking coffee while she was nursing. She let go of my breast and ask "Some sip of you coffee please?" At that point I decided she really didn't need to be nursing anymore. LOL

Sid Jemma Sidney

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN