Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i would be upset if my kids grew up and became republicans

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i really wouldnt mind if my children grow up to be gay or what their jobs are so long as they are good people. i could never hate my babies but i would be a little upset if my child became a republican.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Replies (271-277):
TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Hahahaha I totally agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM
So you are fine with making derogatory comments toward the majority of overweight people?!

Quoting annelauer:

Political affiliation is a choice. Race is not. Your comment is ignorant, off base and effed up.

Quoting Anonymous:

The people saying these things (in either direction) are just as ignorant and just as fucked up as the racist that make hateful comments based on race. 

Quoting annelauer:

And if anyone said these things about race they would be "ignorant fuck ups". What's your point?

Quoting Anonymous:

The prejudice amongst both sides here sickening. If anyone said these things about race they would be deemed ignorant fuck ups.

ElitestJen
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

no, I said that it was your response to me that spoke about your character, not your political views. You denounced my intelligence based on MY political views, i did not.

No, I didn't.  I denounced your lack of understanding about what it takes to be a control freak.  At least a powerful one.  Otherwise, you're just a lemming.  Surely, you don't want your kids to be a lemming....

or maybe you do?

Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Eh. I'm liberal. But whatever they choose is up to them. I don't discuss politics with Family anyway. I'd hate to prove someone wrong. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I'd be upset if my kids grew up to be morons.
annelauer
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Actually there are way more Republicans on welfare than Democrats, so they are the "drains on society". (I don't view public assistance recipients that way, but that is how you referred to them.) Historically, the economy is better when Democrats are in control as well. Educated adults are more likely to be liberal. If they lack education, they are more likely to become conservative. There isn't truth in your quote regardless of your opinion.

Quoting just_hc:

I have a job so I don't have time to read 20 pages.  I popped in here on my lunch and saw this thread and it made me think of that quote.  I don't care who said it.  I didn't even know.  I had to google it real quick.  Regardless, it's still remains a true statement.  Most young people are liberals as that is what they are taught to be by the school system and liberal media.  They are made to feel as if they are wrong to be conservative.   Most people as they age, get jobs and start earning real money become more and more conservative.  

As for the original post.  I'd be very disappointed if my children grew up to be liberals.  As adults you should be fiscally conservative and if they don't understand that by adulthood I've failed them.   Since they are teens and already understand this I've no worries.   Socially I don 't care which way they lean.  But fiscally....there is no other way than conservative if you want to be a productive member of society instead of a drain on society. 

Quoting annelauer:

You should read through the thread. He did NOT say that. Add a matter of fact, he was a young conservative and became liberal at an older age. Check out his museum's webpage. They are asking people to stop attributing that to him since he neither said, nor believed that. Way to spread lies and misinformation though. You're doing Fox News proud.

Quoting just_hc:

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” - Sir Winston Churchill.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trl12081208
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM
If my child grew up to be a Republican he would be a close-minded idiot. It would be a huge failure on my part.

Quoting Anonymous:

So if your child grows up to make his/her own decisions on life, you failed as a mother?

Quoting trl12081208:

A little upset? I would have failed as a mother.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)