Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i would be upset if my kids grew up and became republicans

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i really wouldnt mind if my children grow up to be gay or what their jobs are so long as they are good people. i could never hate my babies but i would be a little upset if my child became a republican.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no anything but a republican! LOL! I converted my dh and MIL. They are now proud republicans.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I watched my girlfriends family be torn apart by that...  her and her family and mine are liberals, she has one son that is a republican (we call him Alex as a nickname for Alex P Keaton) ...I was over at their house with some other friends and some of her family members right before thanksgiving and all of us were going on about how great Obama's re-election went and so on and so forth and her brother started to pick on her son about his beliefs and a big argument happened as he defended himself and ended with him crying and leaving the room and he ended up spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with his friends family.  My friend was really torn about this and when she asked EVERYONE in her family said it was better for everyone if he was not there he did not really want to be there so she agreed.  Even now he is hardly home and refuses to join in any family stuff.  Her hubby says he is ok with that, he is old enough and its his choice and his sisters think its wonderful.  He is 15. 

Sorry I think its stupid to be upset because of what your children believe politically.  Why would any parent allow that to come between them?

Anariama
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Not me! That would be totally cool at family reunions. "Hey Aunt Alice,here is your nephew Joe,he is a t-rex now!Just graduated from being a raptor,we are so proud of him!"

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be upset of my kids grew up to be dinosaurs or robots!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM
So would I assuming the Republican Party doesn't sort itself out. Republicans today are a bunch of idiots who lack the ability to think logically or independently and I don't want my kids to be mindless morons.
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Two of mine are leaning towards being democrats and one republican. I don't care, as long as they choose based on their own evaluation of either side and not because someone pushed them or talked them into being one or the other. I am more concerned they become respectful and responsbile people. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I would be worried if my kids became a democrat or a republican.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya right up until he ate Granny and weird Uncle Burt!

Quoting Anariama:

Not me! That would be totally cool at family reunions. "Hey Aunt Alice,here is your nephew Joe,he is a t-rex now!Just graduated from being a raptor,we are so proud of him!"

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be upset of my kids grew up to be dinosaurs or robots!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

And, I'd be upset if my kids grew up to judge their kids for becoming a member of a political party they didn't like. Way to be judgemental nice going.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I am very much a conservative (aka republican)..... if my kids turned out to be gay...I wouldn't hate them either.  Republicans don't hate gay people

Good grief!!!!

imvanilla
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be upset if my children grew up and chose to be a part of ANY political party.

I still believe what our original fore fathers believed: to have political parties does nothing more than divide a nation when we should all be in it together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)