Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$140 to last 2 weeks

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have one in diapers and need to be able to feed a house of 2 adults and 4 children.

Suggestions please?

Let me add - I'm asking for a friend - I have no idea what's in her kitchen and she has no idea I'm asking.

Two children are not in the home full time but they ARE going to be there at least 4 days during that time.

Unforeseen financial circumstances arose and they're trying to budget $140.

I appreciate the help.

Meal suggestions would be great since I didn't clarify the first time.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I was asking as if it was for me.

I do have one in diapers though! Lol but we use cloth!

Quoting Anonymous:

Then why did you say "I have one in diapers"?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for trying - unfortunately I have no idea what's in the kitchen because I do not live there. I'm asking for a friend. Appreciate the help though.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

what do you have in your kitchen right now?  

daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Well I"m good at stretching money and food.. right now I need to go take care of some things, but I can hop on later and make some suggestions.  Any chance you could ask your friend what she has?  Like basics?  Also, what meals does she need to plan for?  I'm assuming dinner, but do they eat breakfast and lunch at home as well?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for trying - unfortunately I have no idea what's in the kitchen because I do not live there. I'm asking for a friend. Appreciate the help though.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Yes I will ask her. Thank you! Appreciate ya!

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Well I"m good at stretching money and food.. right now I need to go take care of some things, but I can hop on later and make some suggestions.  Any chance you could ask your friend what she has?  Like basics?  Also, what meals does she need to plan for?  I'm assuming dinner, but do they eat breakfast and lunch at home as well?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting daughteroftruth:

ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM

hand towels and wash cloths folded into a PUL diaper cover until she can afford some cheap prefolds.  She can wash daily.  

She can likely cut back on detergent only filling to 1 for a full load.  Most everyone over uses soap.  

Food, pasta - cut the meat out all together or limit it greatly.  Frozen fruits and frozen and canned veggies.  

Soups and rice.  

store brands.  

we feed a family of 4 each week on $25-$50 (we aim for $25 but can't go over $50, so it is possible)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM

LOL Op you make no sense. We can't help you if you can't even admit the truth...craziness.

So what's in the kitchen?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I think so too. I'm going to attempt to come up with a cheap grocery list where several things can be made out of only a few items.

Quoting whitneymf:

Just get some canned things to make (: and just a cheap brand of diapers at least until you get some more money... don't eat out at all either! I think you will be able to make it last. Her maybe canned chili veggies soup its not the best but its still yummy.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Rice, beans, spaghetti, top ramen, frozen veggies, canned stuff, ect. It is possible to make it stretch. Also store brand cereal is pretty cheap.

Also use coupons, shop sales, and price match. Maybe have them check in to a food bank

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Then don't help - move on, and don't take posts so literally. Geez you women are freaking crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL Op you make no sense. We can't help you if you can't even admit the truth...craziness.

So what's in the kitchen?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Thank you!

Quoting othermom:

Rice, beans, spaghetti, top ramen, frozen veggies, canned stuff, ect. It is possible to make it stretch. Also store brand cereal is pretty cheap.

Also use coupons, shop sales, and price match. Maybe have them check in to a food bank

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM

buy dollar general diapers! They are super cheap and work decent

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN