Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$140 to last 2 weeks

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have one in diapers and need to be able to feed a house of 2 adults and 4 children.

Suggestions please?

Let me add - I'm asking for a friend - I have no idea what's in her kitchen and she has no idea I'm asking.

Two children are not in the home full time but they ARE going to be there at least 4 days during that time.

Unforeseen financial circumstances arose and they're trying to budget $140.

I appreciate the help.

Meal suggestions would be great since I didn't clarify the first time.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Rice, beans, spaghetti is a great meat stretcher. Roast a whole chicken use half in a casserole, like king ranch, the other half in a soup. Frozen veggies are cheap. I'm gonna go ahead and go there...hamburger helper, package of egg noodles, crm mshrm soup, hamburger meat. You can use a receiving blanket as a cloth diaper and wash in the sink if there isn't a washing machine available. Big hugs. I really hope y'all/them/whoever can make this work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Really? Thank you! I used fitti??? Diapers once with my son 8 years ago and they were awful. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

buy dollar general diapers! They are super cheap and work decent

brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

J-O-B.

if you don't have anything to say that will actually help why don't you just move on instead of being an ass? Everyone has things come up once in a while. I thought cafe mom was a forum to help other women with advice, helpful hints not a place to show how much of an ass you can be!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! We're friends through CafeMom and we have kids the same age. I hate seeing anyone struggle, especially friends. I've also been there but I suck at advice.

Quoting littlesippycup:

Rice, beans, spaghetti is a great meat stretcher. Roast a whole chicken use half in a casserole, like king ranch, the other half in a soup. Frozen veggies are cheap. I'm gonna go ahead and go there...hamburger helper, package of egg noodles, crm mshrm soup, hamburger meat. You can use a receiving blanket as a cloth diaper and wash in the sink if there isn't a washing machine available. Big hugs. I really hope y'all/them/whoever can make this work.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Oh Goodness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Go get fs If you really need It .....
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I live in oregon

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! Where do you live? I live in Texas - I've never heard of anyone else with Albertson's lol I thought it was just a Texas thing.

Friend lives in West Virginia.

Quoting othermom:

Also look for meat that is reduced for quick sale. At albertsons where I live we can some times find quartered chickens reduced to under $7 and buy one get one free. Each is 5 1/2 pounds

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Well I just learned something. :)

Quoting othermom:

I live in oregon

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! Where do you live? I live in Texas - I've never heard of anyone else with Albertson's lol I thought it was just a Texas thing.

Quoting othermom:

Also look for meat that is reduced for quick sale. At albertsons where I live we can some times find quartered chickens reduced to under $7 and buy one get one free. Each is 5 1/2 pounds

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM

There are also Albertsons in Idaho too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I just learned something. :)

Quoting othermom:

I live in oregon

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting othermom:

Virgo.Mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Here is a bump for ya
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)