Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gun control --- what are you afraid of???

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 276 Replies
1 mom liked this

Lots of questions ----- I really don't understand the problem people have with the proposed gun control legislation. Do you need an assault rifle to protect your family or hunt to provide food for your family? Well, do you? Do you need limitless rounds of ammunition to protect your family or provide food for your family? Do you fear not being allowed to purchase a gun that you need to protect your family or hunt to provide for your family? Do you think the government wants to and is going to knock your door down and take your guns away? Do you think the government has the goal to disarm you so they can, what? What? What are you afraid of? What is unreasonable or 'scary' about the proposed legislation? How will it affect you and your rights? If you think the legislation won't prevent guns from getting into the wrong hands.....then why are you so afraid it will prevent guns from getting into the right hands?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM
14 moms liked this

Our government officials are corrupt and untrustworthy, that is not news nor opinion, why would anyone want to leave themselves to their total control?

one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Our government officials are corrupt and untrustworthy, that is not news nor opinion, why would anyone want to leave themselves to their total control?

The legislation proposed about guns leaves us at 'their total control'?  How so?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM
5 moms liked this

no but if they start taking our rights away on one thing then whats to stop them from taking our other rights away and it don;t make sense ,any criminal will just find a illegal way to purchase a gun

imvanilla
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't even own guns, but I at least recognize that the government is continually stepping on our constitutional rights.

That is a slippery slope, one I would rather not see happen in a country that has built it's whole being on ensuring the rights of it's citizens.

My history professor says our founding fathers would be very disappointed in where the government has taken this country.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM
3 moms liked this

The phrase, "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight!", comes to mind.  People act like war has never happened in this country and that it could never happen again, I am not of that belief!  Anything is possible, all humans are fallible, particularly those with unquestioned power!

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

The legislation proposed about guns leaves us at 'their total control'?  How so?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah.... they'd be pissed we took their slaves away.

Quoting imvanilla:

I don't even own guns, but I at least recognize that the government is continually stepping on our constitutional rights.

That is a slippery slope, one I would rather not see happen in a country that has built it's whole being on ensuring the rights of it's citizens.

My history professor says our founding fathers would be very disappointed in where the government has taken this country.
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM

So, what does the government want to do that people should be fearful of and be arming themselves to protect themselves from?

What does the government have against us?  

Quoting Dzyre1115:

The phrase, "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight!", comes to mind.  People act like war has never happened in this country and that it could never happen again, I am not of that belief!  Anything is possible, all humans are fallible, particularly those with unquestioned power!

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM

It's not "what am I afraid of" but I think the legislation won't accomplish anything. Should I bend over and accept all legislation just because it won't do any thing directly negative to me?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Can you give an example of this "total control"?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you know anything about history? The Union was against slaves...

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah.... they'd be pissed we took their slaves away.

Quoting imvanilla:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN