Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just learned something new today...

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you know what cat-fishing is?

Options:

Yes

No

Flounder

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

I learned what "cat-fishing" is. I feel so old now. I also feel sorry for people that fall for it.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Huh?
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I love that show!  Its hilarious sometimes and really sad at others.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Good show
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I had to explain it to my dad (55) bc of that college football player who got roped in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Yes, I do know what it is. MTV even has a show all about it. Let me guess you learned it because of the football player hoax thing?
model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Yes, sadly I am not a big news or television person and my DH said something about it and so we watched it on the news. I had no idea there was a show about it. 

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Yes, I do know what it is. MTV even has a show all about it. Let me guess you learned it because of the football player hoax thing?

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Yeah. The show is on MTV. It's really mean sometimes and crazy what people actually do. One episode a woman was pretending to be this guy, to make this girl fall in love with him, so she didn't steal the girls man. The things people do with FB, and dating sites is sometimes crazy. You really have to question it though, when you go months or years without ever meeting the person face to face.

Quoting model1000mom:

Yes, sadly I am not a big news or television person and my DH said something about it and so we watched it on the news. I had no idea there was a show about it. 

Quoting Jennyanne322:

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM

See that is my question about it...How can you do that for years and never meet them? 

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Yeah. The show is on MTV. It's really mean sometimes and crazy what people actually do. One episode a woman was pretending to be this guy, to make this girl fall in love with him, so she didn't steal the girls man. The things people do with FB, and dating sites is sometimes crazy. You really have to question it though, when you go months or years without ever meeting the person face to face.

Quoting model1000mom:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I have wondered the same thing. I have done online dating. I couldn't imagine "dating" someone for months or years without ever meeting them face to face, or at least skyping with the person.

Quoting model1000mom:

See that is my question about it...How can you do that for years and never meet them? 

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Quoting model1000mom:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I agree. It just would make me feel uncomfortable and uneasy about them and most likely I would either demand a face to face or cut off the relationship.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

I have wondered the same thing. I have done online dating. I couldn't imagine "dating" someone for months or years without ever meeting them face to face, or at least skyping with the person.

Quoting model1000mom:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Quoting model1000mom:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)