Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help?!?! Borderline Personality Disorder I think?????? Does anyone have experience with it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
It's ruining my life!!!!!!! All therapists want to do is talk in circles!! I KNOW I have this problem and I've had it ALL my life, the only thing I am NOT is suicidal because of my 2 children. When therapists hear that I am NOT suicidal automatically they do not take me as seriously as they would if I was. I want to do group therapy and the right medications and not one therapist has offered me group therapy (but almost all have said I would benefit from it) and they prescribe nothing but anti-depressants. I can't keep a job and I can't keep friends and I am turning into a hermit because it's getting so I am afraid to interact with anyone, even family members because I either piss people off or hurt people's feelings by constantly doing and saying the wrong things over and over and over. Now my family has begun to keep their distance most of the time because I'm angry and miserable and they say dealing with me is exhausting. I hate myself for being this way, I hate my life and I can't get any help because I'm not ready to kill myself yet!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

get a new dr then and dont stop until you find someone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Therapist have suggested dbt therapy for my 16 yr old , have you tried it ? We haven't got our first appointment yet

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I want to do DBT, I can't find a therapist near me who does it

Quoting Anonymous:

Therapist have suggested dbt therapy for my 16 yr old , have you tried it ? We haven't got our first appointment yet

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Switch doctors.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I've gone through 6 since I was 16...I'm 34 now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Switch doctors.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Try a depression group
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Yeah, I don't have much advice on bpd. My mother had it and ruined every relationship she ever had including ours. It's sad all around.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've gone through 6 since I was 16...I'm 34 now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Switch doctors.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I have borderline Personality Disorder. Keep looking for a doctor. I have the same problem. Doctors NEVER listen when I say how bad I can be. It seems as if they don't believe me. Some Anti-Depressants make me feel worse or too zombie like. You need to keep going in to either the same place, same doctor until he or she listens or find another doctor. Idk what to say really because I have the same problem. The Government wants to provide more help for mental illness, well they need to find doctors who know what they are doing and listen and believe their patients who really have these issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Are there groups for Anxiety? I get more of the Anxiety then Depression. Maybe try an Anxiety group or a depression group. Or maybe one group for both if they have it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Try a depression group

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I'm sorry , I hope you can find one soon , did you try looking online for drs who offer it

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to do DBT, I can't find a therapist near me who does it

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)