Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cute moment and Mommy fail all in one!

I was filling up the cat's auto feeder earlier, and sat my 14 month old on the ground next to me. She likes to watch me pour the food, and she giggles when the kitties run over.

So I was pouring away, not really thinking. The cats all come running. One started eating and right as I bend down to pick up Lilly, she yelled "mine!!", slapped the ever loving shit out of a cat and started grabbing hand fulls of cat food and trying to eat it. :/

Poor kitty. Lol. I couldn't help but laugh, even while telling Lilly no no, be nice to the kitties!

The cat has, graciously, forgiven my little food thief and is snuggled up on her feet right now.
:D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Haha! Man what is it about the pet food?!
Like these kids don't get fed so they have to pilfer from Fido. Lol.

Quoting QueenBof6:

My little girl loves to eat the catfood. I'm constantly chasing her out of there. And she has a mouthful she goes mmmmmm really loud. Lol. What's worse is that when the garage is open she goes straight for the dogfood. Lol. She loves that shit

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaW87
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh the things our poor pets put up with!!! That is really cute though :)  (one of our cats is being used as a scarf right at this moment)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Ok, I read that wrong. I thought it said while shoveling handfuls of the cat food into her mouth and I started gagging. Sorry for coming off as rude.

My daughter does the opposite, she shares her yogurt with the cat and the cat gets the runs.....

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Lol why? She didn't actually get any of the cat food in her mouth.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not cute, it's disgusting.

KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Laughing harder now. Lol

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Its okay. I laughed pretty damn hard too. The cat gave me a look of betrayal.

Quoting KRYSTALK1013:

I'm sorry, I laughed really hard when I read this! The thought of a child slapping a kitten is just hilarious to me. Poor kitty!

TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Omg lmao!!
I've actually had to say the sentence "don't poke the dogs penis".
Lol my 5 year old had that phase at about 2.

Quoting bellawomen:

The dog food my file buys is actually made to be emergency food for humans and very natural, crunchy, organic, etc (he is more granola crunchy than I). So my son eating the dog food was the least of my concerns. His fascinating with touching the dogs hanging penis was an issue however. UGH. Thankfully that was a short I think 2 or 3 week phase but back then it felt like forever.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Bahaha!

When my oldest was about a year old, she ate dog food at my dads house. I was a young first time mother and I actually......called poison control.

*hangs head * lol I flipped out.

Now I'm like, meh can't be that bad if the cats eat it. Lmao

Quoting bellawomen:

My in laws used to have to feed my son at the same time as their dog otherwise he would sneak the dog food. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Awww well at least she shares!
My cats steal string cheese from the kids, so I'd say they're pretty even now.
;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, I read that wrong. I thought it said while shoveling handfuls of the cat food into her mouth and I started gagging. Sorry for coming off as rude.

My daughter does the opposite, she shares her yogurt with the cat and the cat gets the runs.....

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Lol why? She didn't actually get any of the cat food in her mouth.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not cute, it's disgusting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnt1014
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Feed that baby!

Just kidding! That is awesome. I laughed so hard reading this to my mom that I have tears running down my face! Crazy baby!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao @the old cats peeing dust. Ice never heard that one before.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Awww good Kitty!

Lol we have 5. Three of them love the kids and put up with being carried and snuggled and petted too rough. 2 of them are so old they pee dust and won't have anything to do with people in general. Lmao.

Quoting mommie004:

Ha, not me, our poor kitty goes through hell with ours, he's like yours and forgives her. She likes to hold him all the time and we free him, he just comes back for more. She isn't very nice when she holds him either...lol

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Lol I figured someone would take issue with the fact that she assaulted the kitty and tell me I should rehome my poor abused cats.

Quoting mommie004:

Thats funny, but honestly I don't see the fail. We chase our 2 yr old DD out of the cat food all the time. I guess it just taste good :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Lol she definitely keeps me on my toes!

Quoting tnt1014:

Feed that baby!

Just kidding! That is awesome. I laughed so hard reading this to my mom that I have tears running down my face! Crazy baby!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:52 PM
3 moms liked this
That's so funny!

My DS takes the food bowl every time we fill it up and he has all five dogs sitting in front of him handing out one piece at a time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)