Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cute moment and Mommy fail all in one!

I was filling up the cat's auto feeder earlier, and sat my 14 month old on the ground next to me. She likes to watch me pour the food, and she giggles when the kitties run over.

So I was pouring away, not really thinking. The cats all come running. One started eating and right as I bend down to pick up Lilly, she yelled "mine!!", slapped the ever loving shit out of a cat and started grabbing hand fulls of cat food and trying to eat it. :/

Poor kitty. Lol. I couldn't help but laugh, even while telling Lilly no no, be nice to the kitties!

The cat has, graciously, forgiven my little food thief and is snuggled up on her feet right now.
:D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Lol he is Dog Food Warden!

Quoting kzuehlk:

That's so funny!

My DS takes the food bowl every time we fill it up and he has all five dogs sitting in front of him handing out one piece at a time

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chefmartha
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

When my son was that age (20+ years ago)we were visiting the in-laws, when I noticed my son had a handful of dog kibble. I told him no and wanted him to put it down. MIL said don't worry, it won't hurt him, didn't hurt his dad when he was little and ate it. Like father like son. LOL... After that I figure what the heck. He'll learn soon enough that it tastes icky.

TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Haha I guess they think they're missing out on something tasty that the pets are hogging!

Quoting chefmartha:

When my son was that age (20+ years ago)we were visiting the in-laws, when I noticed my son had a handful of dog kibble. I told him no and wanted him to put it down. MIL said don't worry, it won't hurt him, didn't hurt his dad when he was little and ate it. Like father like son. LOL... After that I figure what the heck. He'll learn soon enough that it tastes icky.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My kid loves playing with the cat's bowls! I keep them on the fridge so I don't have to worry about it.

My kid (2 years old) thinks holding the cat by the neck is alright. I have to keep showing her the proper way to hold the kitty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL That's too cute. My ds is only 7 months but he keeps going after my food. Last night I had a piece of cake sitting next to me and he was sitting on my lap. He saw it and literally lunged for it. He can't even eat table food yet but he is oh so curious. He just stares the entire time we are eating. Poor guy. :/

cerainwondrland
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao @ pee dust hahaha that's hilarious never heard that expression before =D can't wait to work it into a conversation lol

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Awww good Kitty!

Lol we have 5. Three of them love the kids and put up with being carried and snuggled and petted too rough. 2 of them are so old they pee dust and won't have anything to do with people in general. Lmao.

Quoting mommie004:

Ha, not me, our poor kitty goes through hell with ours, he's like yours and forgives her. She likes to hold him all the time and we free him, he just comes back for more. She isn't very nice when she holds him either...lol

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Lol I figured someone would take issue with the fact that she assaulted the kitty and tell me I should rehome my poor abused cats.

Quoting mommie004:

Thats funny, but honestly I don't see the fail. We chase our 2 yr old DD out of the cat food all the time. I guess it just taste good :)

TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Lol! Work it in at a really random moment and watch the faces you get!
;)

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Lmao @ pee dust hahaha that's hilarious never heard that expression before =D can't wait to work it into a conversation lol

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Awww good Kitty!

Lol we have 5. Three of them love the kids and put up with being carried and snuggled and petted too rough. 2 of them are so old they pee dust and won't have anything to do with people in general. Lmao.

Quoting mommie004:

Ha, not me, our poor kitty goes through hell with ours, he's like yours and forgives her. She likes to hold him all the time and we free him, he just comes back for more. She isn't very nice when she holds him either...lol

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Lol I figured someone would take issue with the fact that she assaulted the kitty and tell me I should rehome my poor abused cats.

Quoting mommie004:

Thats funny, but honestly I don't see the fail. We chase our 2 yr old DD out of the cat food all the time. I guess it just taste good :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM

LOL!

horseap
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

lol, DD loves it when we feed the dogs.  For some reason she thinks she should join them because they are just her size pieces =/  BARF!  She tends to get mad when I move her and she throws their bowls. 

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Quoting mommie004:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Hahaa! Just wait ..its cm if it hasnt happened it will!

My oldest used to scream and cry because we wouldnt let him play in the 'sand' lol. We always scrubbed out the litter box as we were changing the litter and one day after scrubbing it and putting in fresh litter i went to put the litter away, turned around and there was ds with a toy car the cat hadnt used it since it was just done and was just staring at ds like "wtf are you doing".

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Quoting mommie004:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)