Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cute moment and Mommy fail all in one!

I was filling up the cat's auto feeder earlier, and sat my 14 month old on the ground next to me. She likes to watch me pour the food, and she giggles when the kitties run over.

So I was pouring away, not really thinking. The cats all come running. One started eating and right as I bend down to pick up Lilly, she yelled "mine!!", slapped the ever loving shit out of a cat and started grabbing hand fulls of cat food and trying to eat it. :/

Poor kitty. Lol. I couldn't help but laugh, even while telling Lilly no no, be nice to the kitties!

The cat has, graciously, forgiven my little food thief and is snuggled up on her feet right now.
:D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (41-46):
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Hahahah no fail there. My son used to eat the dog food. It grossed me out so bad! He also licked the sandbox. Boys are gross! But he has one hell of an immune system!

TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Lol a boy is a noise with dirt on it.

;)
My oldest daughter used to try to eat dirt in the garden. My dad tried to tell me I shouldn't be upset, that I wouldn't need to feed her lunch that day!

Quoting Sarahb21:

Hahahah no fail there. My son used to eat the dog food. It grossed me out so bad! He also licked the sandbox. Boys are gross! But he has one hell of an immune system!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Eeek! He violated the sanctity of the potty box! Kitty was traumatized!

Lmao. Man, at least it had just been cleaned!

Quoting ninjakids:

Hahaa! Just wait ..its cm if it hasnt happened it will!

My oldest used to scream and cry because we wouldnt let him play in the 'sand' lol. We always scrubbed out the litter box as we were changing the litter and one day after scrubbing it and putting in fresh litter i went to put the litter away, turned around and there was ds with a toy car the cat hadnt used it since it was just done and was just staring at ds like "wtf are you doing".

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Lol I figured someone would take issue with the fact that she assaulted the kitty and tell me I should rehome my poor abused cats.

Quoting mommie004:

Thats funny, but honestly I don't see the fail. We chase our 2 yr old DD out of the cat food all the time. I guess it just taste good :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

That quote is soooo true. I have 3 boys (no girls) and I can't keep them clean. I need to put professional face washer on my resume. lol

Well dirt does have lots of minerals. :P

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Lol a boy is a noise with dirt on it.

;)
My oldest daughter used to try to eat dirt in the garden. My dad tried to tell me I shouldn't be upset, that I wouldn't need to feed her lunch that day!

Quoting Sarahb21:

nickellmomof2
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

LMAO!  I've had to tell my now 2.5 yr old not to touch the cat's butt hole before, poor cat, her tail stands straight up and there is something there that's a different color than the rest of the cat and DS thinks he needs to poke it...I totally get the dog penis thing!  SMH

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Omg lmao!!
I've actually had to say the sentence "don't poke the dogs penis".
Lol my 5 year old had that phase at about 2.

Quoting bellawomen:

The dog food my file buys is actually made to be emergency food for humans and very natural, crunchy, organic, etc (he is more granola crunchy than I). So my son eating the dog food was the least of my concerns. His fascinating with touching the dogs hanging penis was an issue however. UGH. Thankfully that was a short I think 2 or 3 week phase but back then it felt like forever.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Bahaha!

When my oldest was about a year old, she ate dog food at my dads house. I was a young first time mother and I actually......called poison control.

*hangs head * lol I flipped out.

Now I'm like, meh can't be that bad if the cats eat it. Lmao

Quoting bellawomen:

My in laws used to have to feed my son at the same time as their dog otherwise he would sneak the dog food. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN