Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I NEEED HELP!!!!! No sleep til the house is destroyed. *********EDITIED WITH PIC*******

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

old and a 15 month old.

The 3 year old will NOT stay in bed or her room at night. She will go to bed, then wake up around 3 or 4am. Then again arounf 5 or 6. IF she was quiet and just stayed in her room, I wouldnt mind. I cant fault her for not being able to sleep. But she gets up and wanders around our house SOOOOO quietly. She gets into everything! The worst part is we cannot hear a damn thing and only discover the aftermath the next morning.

Whats strange is her energy level despit her lack of sleep. UP THERE!!!!!

She doesnt nap at all. Goes to bed around 8:30 or 9am and despite how many times she wakes up, she up for the day around 6:30am. She used to have a TV in her room which she could watch at night, but she lost it for her out of control temper tantrums and being mean and not sharing with her little sister.

Any ideas?

*******k so this is best picture I could find of the archway. Its 84" across. We use these insulated curtains. Behind dh and 3 year old is the kitchen/laundry area. This is actually him putting her back to bed the first time we caught her!*********

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Good point! That I did not think of!

Quoting CM_Junkie:

I would be careful. Kids have gotten those wrapped around their necks before and I would hate for that to happen without someone catching it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I like it!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

The beaded strings that people put in doorways, were big in the 70's or 80's. but put bells on the ends also. You could even make a project out of it and make them, it's great for hand I coordination at her age. But of you make them you have to make sure they aren't too far apart and she can't slip under them.

Alyia72
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Have you tried the clear plexiglass type gates they mount and swing and there almost impossible to climb.. I have 18 month old triplets and one of them climbs EVERYTHING she cant climb this hubby mounted it like three inches off the ground just enough they cant get their heads under it just their arms but it makes it tall enough its over their heads lol...the latch on it is a pain in the butt to undo even my 8 year old screams for me MOM IM TRAPPED UPSTAIRS lol she can open it if she really wants too but she would rather I walk upstairs and undo it for her lol...

We are having sleep issues with our 18 month old climber as well I have no advice for you on that as we have yet to figure out what works for her...I swear shes up every hour on the hour sometimes sooner...right now shes finnaly asleep next to me in our bed waitin on hubby to move her to the pack n play because she climbs out of the crib and wont sleep in the toddler bed we bought her.. she can climb out of the pack n play but its a much shorter fall so I just lined the floor around it with pillows incase she goes over head first.

Quoting Anonymous:

She can easily climb over a traditional one and can open the latch on the walk through ones as silent as snow falling. its nuts!

Quoting edelweiss23:

Baby gate idk.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I would take turns at night or even shifts for a few nights. Every time she leaves her room scold her and put her in bed. Also do you have any lights on through out the house? Turn them all off. If you have a fish tank that light also. If she can turn the lights on you can tape a piece of paper over the switch so she can't turn it on. Anything that would make her not want to go in a different room while you were not there. It may sound horrible but at one point I had to tell my girls that I put a monster in the kitchen every night. If they went in the kitchen the monster would bring them to mommy for their punishment. It stopped almost immediately. This was after my girls kept dumping food on the floor. Painting with pb and eggs. The breaking point is when I caught them climbing on the top of the fridge.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 am. Mine is too!

Quoting ihave1:

its midnight here and my two year old is wide awake.  ugh  so here is a bump for you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

HAHAHAHAH, exorcism is stillinthe running at this point lol!

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Excorsism.

Jk!!! I'm not sure. I would take away toys or some type of age appropriate punishment.

MommyGray83
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Let her sleep in your room?

Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Monitors? If I had to i'd put her in my room (in her own bed and just lock her in. Its totally unsafe to have a child that age wondering around alone. I would worry about her safety a whole lot more than the mess she leaves behind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM

No door to lock, just a huge archway. I'll lookon amazon. I think I saw one of those. Worth a try!

Quoting mjlowe:

I used to wake up at the butt crack of dawn. My parent put an alarm clock in the room with nail polish in the place where when both hands were there I could get up and leave my room. They make clocks now that have a setting that says its bedtime still or it's wake up time. Maybe explain to her with the clock that she can get up when it's the right time, otherwise she has to stay in her room. If she fails to follow this, take toys away. 

DH was reading over my shoulder... He says to lock her in her room. I think this would cause a child panic. But maybe an extra tall gate on the outside of the door to keep her in might work along with the clock. 

Good luck mama! Keep us posted on what you have done!

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I'm crazy like that. The first thing my brain goes to is how could this hurt my child (OCD sucks!)

Quoting Anonymous:

Good point! That I did not think of!

Quoting CM_Junkie:

I would be careful. Kids have gotten those wrapped around their necks before and I would hate for that to happen without someone catching it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I like it!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

The beaded strings that people put in doorways, were big in the 70's or 80's. but put bells on the ends also. You could even make a project out of it and make them, it's great for hand I coordination at her age. But of you make them you have to make sure they aren't too far apart and she can't slip under them.

ihave1
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM

it's 1 now & she finally fell asleep!!  thank god now I can go downstairs  lol    my neighbors are making tons of noise ugh they are so annoying. 

Quoting -spork2.0-:

1 am. Mine is too!

Quoting ihave1:

its midnight here and my two year old is wide awake.  ugh  so here is a bump for you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured