Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I NEEED HELP!!!!! No sleep til the house is destroyed. *********EDITIED WITH PIC*******

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

old and a 15 month old.

The 3 year old will NOT stay in bed or her room at night. She will go to bed, then wake up around 3 or 4am. Then again arounf 5 or 6. IF she was quiet and just stayed in her room, I wouldnt mind. I cant fault her for not being able to sleep. But she gets up and wanders around our house SOOOOO quietly. She gets into everything! The worst part is we cannot hear a damn thing and only discover the aftermath the next morning.

Whats strange is her energy level despit her lack of sleep. UP THERE!!!!!

She doesnt nap at all. Goes to bed around 8:30 or 9am and despite how many times she wakes up, she up for the day around 6:30am. She used to have a TV in her room which she could watch at night, but she lost it for her out of control temper tantrums and being mean and not sharing with her little sister.

Any ideas?

*******k so this is best picture I could find of the archway. Its 84" across. We use these insulated curtains. Behind dh and 3 year old is the kitchen/laundry area. This is actually him putting her back to bed the first time we caught her!*********

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mommyfish831
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I suggest one of those split doors.  Lock the door knob and leave the top open so she's not really locked in her room and you can still hear her if she needs you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM

This has been happening for months. We dont have a door for our bedroom area either so locking is not an option. We have locked away dangerous items including keeping all chairs and stools and stackable things by my bedside so I could hear her try to get them and stop her. We have 4 locks on the front door, 3 of which are deadbolts and one I can barely open myself. Its not about just the mess. Obviously, when we do have a house with doors this will still be an issue.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Monitors? If I had to i'd put her in my room (in her own bed and just lock her in. Its totally unsafe to have a child that age wondering around alone. I would worry about her safety a whole lot more than the mess she leaves behind.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Another thing I forgot we used to do when my girls were having sleeping issues is exercise time before bed. About a hour before bed we would have them just run, jump, yell, dance and act crazy we did this until you could tell they were worn out really well. Then they got to go upstairs and watch one movie possibly two if it looke like they were close then turn the tv off
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM

No door, door jamb. etc. huge archway!.

Quoting Mommyfish831:

I suggest one of those split doors.  Lock the door knob and leave the top open so she's not really locked in her room and you can still hear her if she needs you.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Also if the sun filtering in during the early morning lights is an issue or a street light (we have this issue with the baby) get some black out curtains.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM

That sounds way fun! We will have to try it!

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Another thing I forgot we used to do when my girls were having sleeping issues is exercise time before bed. About a hour before bed we would have them just run, jump, yell, dance and act crazy we did this until you could tell they were worn out really well. Then they got to go upstairs and watch one movie possibly two if it looke like they were close then turn the tv off

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
We had three toddlers all super high energy. It was a survival thing in our house. After we finally got caught up in sleep it was fun again. I actually think we will start this in our house again just for the exercise benefits.

Quoting Anonymous:

That sounds way fun! We will have to try it!

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Mommyfish831
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Hmmm.... Tie bells all over her?  Lol I'm just kidding.  Maybe a motion light in the hallway?

Quoting Anonymous:

No door, door jamb. etc. huge archway!.

Quoting Mommyfish831:

italk2rox
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Try doing more with her during the day. Let her run wild outside. If its cold bundle up. Wear out her mind with learning activities.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Quoting Alyia72:

Have you tried the clear plexiglass type gates they mount and swing and there almost impossible to climb.. I have 18 month old triplets and one of them climbs EVERYTHING she cant climb this hubby mounted it like three inches off the ground just enough they cant get their heads under it just their arms but it makes it tall enough its over their heads lol...the latch on it is a pain in the butt to undo even my 8 year old screams for me MOM IM TRAPPED UPSTAIRS lol she can open it if she really wants too but she would rather I walk upstairs and undo it for her lol...

We are having sleep issues with our 18 month old climber as well I have no advice for you on that as we have yet to figure out what works for her...I swear shes up every hour on the hour sometimes sooner...right now shes finnaly asleep next to me in our bed waitin on hubby to move her to the pack n play because she climbs out of the crib and wont sleep in the toddler bed we bought her.. she can climb out of the pack n play but its a much shorter fall so I just lined the floor around it with pillows incase she goes over head first.

Quoting Anonymous:

She can easily climb over a traditional one and can open the latch on the walk through ones as silent as snow falling. its nuts!

Quoting edelweiss23:

Baby gate idk.

I hear that! My 15 month old is the same way. We had to hunt down a special crib that the mattress supports sat super low in. and the slats are too close together to reallt get a foothold. I'll have to research if they have an affordable gate like that wide enough to cover that archway. Its a good idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)