Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I NEEED HELP!!!!! No sleep til the house is destroyed. *********EDITIED WITH PIC*******

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

old and a 15 month old.

The 3 year old will NOT stay in bed or her room at night. She will go to bed, then wake up around 3 or 4am. Then again arounf 5 or 6. IF she was quiet and just stayed in her room, I wouldnt mind. I cant fault her for not being able to sleep. But she gets up and wanders around our house SOOOOO quietly. She gets into everything! The worst part is we cannot hear a damn thing and only discover the aftermath the next morning.

Whats strange is her energy level despit her lack of sleep. UP THERE!!!!!

She doesnt nap at all. Goes to bed around 8:30 or 9am and despite how many times she wakes up, she up for the day around 6:30am. She used to have a TV in her room which she could watch at night, but she lost it for her out of control temper tantrums and being mean and not sharing with her little sister.

Any ideas?

*******k so this is best picture I could find of the archway. Its 84" across. We use these insulated curtains. Behind dh and 3 year old is the kitchen/laundry area. This is actually him putting her back to bed the first time we caught her!*********

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Replies (71-80):
Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I was trying to be helpful, you seem to only want to make excuses. No reason to get testy :)
Eta: so its basically a one big open room type apartment? Is there you could move the beds around to pin her bed so where she had to climb over you to get out?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah! Thats why I made a whole post asking for help on ways to fix this? Right. I'm looking for ANSWERS, not get a lecture on things I'm clearly both aware of and that Im actively trying to prevent! Shut THE fuck up.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Sounds like your convinced that she is safe running around unsupervised!

Quoting Anonymous:

The bathroom is on the other side of their room. Its a basement apartment. She cant reach the windows ro their cords.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

I had 2 dead bolts, a hook n eye, and a chain. my two year old still managed to get outside. Its just not safe for a small kid to run around alone. glass can break. she could look out tge window and get hung up in a blind cord....soo many things. Find a way to get a door. As silly as it may seem she could drown in the toilet.

Quoting Anonymous:

This has been happening for months. We dont have a door for our bedroom area either so locking is not an option. We have locked away dangerous items including keeping all chairs and stools and stackable things by my bedside so I could hear her try to get them and stop her. We have 4 locks on the front door, 3 of which are deadbolts and one I can barely open myself. Its not about just the mess. Obviously, when we do have a house with doors this will still be an issue.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Monitors? If I had to i'd put her in my room (in her own bed and just lock her in. Its totally unsafe to have a child that age wondering around alone. I would worry about her safety a whole lot more than the mess she leaves behind.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Im explaining what has been done and the situation in full. We tried staying up all night to surpervise, but working parents tend to fall asleep after a while.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

I was trying to be helpful, you seem to only want to make excuses. No reason to get testy :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah! Thats why I made a whole post asking for help on ways to fix this? Right. I'm looking for ANSWERS, not get a lecture on things I'm clearly both aware of and that Im actively trying to prevent! Shut THE fuck up.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Quoting Anonymous:

The bathroom is on the other side of their room. Its a basement apartment. She cant reach the windows ro their cords.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

I had 2 dead bolts, a hook n eye, and a chain. my two year old still managed to get outside. Its just not safe for a small kid to run around alone. glass can break. she could look out tge window and get hung up in a blind cord....soo many things. Find a way to get a door. As silly as it may seem she could drown in the toilet.

Quoting Anonymous:

This has been happening for months. We dont have a door for our bedroom area either so locking is not an option. We have locked away dangerous items including keeping all chairs and stools and stackable things by my bedside so I could hear her try to get them and stop her. We have 4 locks on the front door, 3 of which are deadbolts and one I can barely open myself. Its not about just the mess. Obviously, when we do have a house with doors this will still be an issue.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Monitors? If I had to i'd put her in my room (in her own bed and just lock her in. Its totally unsafe to have a child that age wondering around alone. I would worry about her safety a whole lot more than the mess she leaves behind.

Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Totally understandable. You cant just not sleep. Nights are made for sleeping...which is why I'm on cm right now xD

Quoting Anonymous:

Im explaining what has been done and the situation in full. We tried staying up all night to surpervise, but working parents tend to fall asleep after a while.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

kalebsmommy8908
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:09 AM
My sister had to put a lock on her dd door but put it the opposite way cuz my sister lives in a two story house and my niece knows how to climb baby gates . Make the lock so u can open from the outside
Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM
so its basically a one big open room type apartment? Is there you could move the beds around to pin her bed so where she had to climb over you to get out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM

WEll, kind of. Its one bigger long area, then off to the left is the archway and that opens up into a decent sized room. The bathroom is there. If we put our bed in the archway, she would stillhave access to the bathroom, and we would have to climb over it to go pee, or get out to the kitchen or exit. See what I mean, its like the most inconvenient layout to block off.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

so its basically a one big open room type apartment? Is there you could move the beds around to pin her bed so where she had to climb over you to get out?

katarina666
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Ive had freinds whose children would wake up in the middle of the night and destroy the house.One even had a boy who would leave the house while his parrents were asleep and walk three blocks to the park playground.They had to lock him in his room.I think thats what you need to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I need to find a way to close the archway and put in a door.

Quoting katarina666:

Ive had freinds whose children would wake up in the middle of the night and destroy the house.One even had a boy who would leave the house while his parrents were asleep and walk three blocks to the park playground.They had to lock him in his room.I think thats what you need to do.

jeslc03
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
She probably thinks It's a game.... You should try being stern and DON'T EVER LAUGH at what she has accomplished in the night...

Do your best and hang on tight.... Keep sharp things put away and make sure she can't hurt herself. It is probably a phase and if you. Don't react, she may stop doing it for reaction... Might take a week or two though. :/ GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
italk2rox
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Dang. Sounds like she does have a butt load of energy! hopefully its something she'll grow out of. Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

We do LOTS of activites daily. Words, numbers, adding, spelling, dictionary time, coloring, Spanish, dress up, "Store" (they have a little cash register and gorcery cart and mini store/kitchen).She does yoga with us in the morning and helps me with chores, plays with our big ass energetic puppy! I'm exhausted by the days end lol. The weather is really bad right now. We have feet of snow in our yard and lately it has been in the negatives in the mornings and this is the first day it was above 20 at all in weeks. She will be fine, but her sister is too little to be oustide long in weather like that  . I feel like I'm out of options. SOOO frustrating!

Quoting italk2rox:

Try doing more with her during the day. Let her run wild outside. If its cold bundle up. Wear out her mind with learning activities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)