Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My depression is kicking me in the teeth lately. Any advice for me, please?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM
agrisham13mom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Find some awesome friends and a good bottle of wine with great conversation should kick your mood up a few notches :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Thank you! I've got a night at my favorite restaurant planned for Saturday, I'm hoping it helps.

Quoting agrisham13mom:

Find some awesome friends and a good bottle of wine with great conversation should kick your mood up a few notches :)

agrisham13mom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I bet it will help kick you out of the funk! Have a great time at your fav place and just smile!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! I've got a night at my favorite restaurant planned for Saturday, I'm hoping it helps.

Quoting agrisham13mom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

i feel the same, and tonight i dont care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Sorry you're having a hard time, too. Does it just zap your will to do anything?

Quoting Anonymous:

i feel the same, and tonight i dont care.

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I just started taking Lexapro to help. And its working a lil bit. We still need to adjust the dose so it right where it needs to be. Have you tried meds to help you. Before I started them I was crying all the time, had no energy to do anything, and I would fly off the handle at the smallest things. Well I'm still weepy but not as much, the rage is reduced and easier to control, I still don't have the energy, but I'm hoping with an increase with the dose will clear up the rest. I wish you the best and good luck. Oh and find someone your comfortable to talk with, That helps too.
proudGBmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I have a lot of remedies for depression usually a good Mai tai chronicles of NARNIA and a warm blanket do the trick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chasesmum3109
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Try some exercise or a walk somewhere. What thoughts do you have love?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I am currently taking something, but all it's seemed to help is the actual weepiness. Still have the listlessness, hamster wheel brain at night, ragey, & dark thoughts. I think I'm going to switch back to Zoloft again, sigh.

Quoting rkkeller13:

I'm in the same boat as you. I just started taking Lexapro to help. And its working a lil bit. We still need to adjust the dose so it right where it needs to be. Have you tried meds to help you. Before I started them I was crying all the time, had no energy to do anything, and I would fly off the handle at the smallest things. Well I'm still weepy but not as much, the rage is reduced and easier to control, I still don't have the energy, but I'm hoping with an increase with the dose will clear up the rest. I wish you the best and good luck. Oh and find someone your comfortable to talk with, That helps too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)