Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about iPad Apps!!! **UPDATE!!! *** iPad Users, READ ME!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so we got iPad (mini) for christmas from the inlaws to be shared with the family. However, enable to use the apps provided by iPad it requires you must have a valid credit card just to download FREE APPS (wtf?)

Anyone got ideas how you download apps without credit cards?

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!

http://technology.bsd-ri.net/ipad-tips/create-an-itunes-account-without-a-credit-card

No credit card for free apps YA!!!

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

BUMP!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

BUMP!

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Pretty sure you just have to enter your information in. I did anyways. You can lock it to where you have to type in a password to purchase apps and you can block in app purchases (games that you pay money while playing them, but you don't always realize it cost actual money)

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
I didn't have to put one in. Or maybe I took it right off idk lol. So maybe you could try putting one on the account, then take it right back off after registration is done? Or get a cheapy gift card?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
You can't. You need to have your credit card info registered with apple.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

that is just stupid! I shouldnt have to put in my credit card to download free apps.

We also had this problem with iTunes as well. It is no wonder why I hate Apple products. Glad I went with an Android tablet instead.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Pretty sure you just have to enter your information in. I did anyways. You can lock it to where you have to type in a password to purchase apps and you can block in app purchases (games that you pay money while playing them, but you don't always realize it cost actual money)

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Debit card?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I bought a prepaid card.. it was charging .89 cent fees on it! No one even bought anything! So now its down to 1.89 and refuses to accept that card....

I find it bullshit they want to randomly charge your card when most you download are free apps.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I didn't have to put one in. Or maybe I took it right off idk lol. So maybe you could try putting one on the account, then take it right back off after registration is done? Or get a cheapy gift card?

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
You can't u have half to give a credit card or debit card. It protect apple ( itunes) incase you download an app that cost money. But in order to download even a free app u have to type in your password. However once u do that you can download many apps and have to close out before U have to type in your password again But there is no other way to do it. I have never had my card charged for anything that I didn't authorize. In 4 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I agree you shouldn't have to, I don't get the point of it since its free. The apps go through iTunes so I think it is more of iTunes policy.

Quoting thetrollcat:

that is just stupid! I shouldnt have to put in my credit card to download free apps.

We also had this problem with iTunes as well. It is no wonder why I hate Apple products. Glad I went with an Android tablet instead.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)