Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about iPad Apps!!! **UPDATE!!! *** iPad Users, READ ME!

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so we got iPad (mini) for christmas from the inlaws to be shared with the family. However, enable to use the apps provided by iPad it requires you must have a valid credit card just to download FREE APPS (wtf?)

Anyone got ideas how you download apps without credit cards?

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!

http://technology.bsd-ri.net/ipad-tips/create-an-itunes-account-without-a-credit-card

No credit card for free apps YA!!!

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I refuse to give them credit or debit

Quoting Anonymous:

Debit card?

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

JayeC2
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Use visa 4111111111111111.  This is a test number you can use when you set up paypal.  We use it in the kids' Kindle Fires so they can buy free apps only.  Use any expiration date you want.

ETA:  If it won't accept that one (I haven't tried it on Apple) PM me for a website that lists a bunch of nonworking test card numbers....and yes, they are non working.  They are for people to do test transactions when setting up merchant accounts, etc.  Nothing sketch or illegal :)

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM

We used a pre-paid card and I had downloaded a few of the free disney apps. After that, it claims that the pre-paid card is declined (while trying to download a free app) and insisting I have to register another card with them to download free apps.

Quoting Fields456:

You can't u have half to give a credit card or debit card. It protect apple incase you download an app that cost money. But in order to download even a free app u have to type in your password. However once u do that you can download many apps and have to close out before U have to type in your password again But there is no other way to do it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM
You can add your banking info to your paypal account and link your iTunes acct to Paypal, that's one of the options.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM
U don't have to have one. I only put iTunes on mine if I want to buy something
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM

You can't. We don't do credit cards so we usd our debit. And be very careful with apple devices. We were using our phone in a resturant and someone hijacked our account through wifi. We had credits and he used them all to purchase nerd games.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Have u used the money on the prepaid card somewhere else? You can always call apple tomorrow and ask them. Thy have great customer support when u are under warranty/ apple care

Quoting thetrollcat:

We used a pre-paid card and I had downloaded a few of the free disney apps. After that, it claims that the pre-paid card is declined (while trying to download a free app) and insisting I have to register another card with them to download free apps.

Quoting Fields456:

You can't u have half to give a credit card or debit card. It protect apple incase you download an app that cost money. But in order to download even a free app u have to type in your password. However once u do that you can download many apps and have to close out before U have to type in your password again But there is no other way to do it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM

i tried that didnt work... :(

Quoting JayeC2:

Use visa 4111111111111111.  This is a test number you can use when you set up paypal.  We use it in the kids' Kindle Fires so they can buy free apps only.  Use any expiration date you want.

ETA:  If it won't accept that one (I haven't tried it on Apple) PM me for a website that lists a bunch of nonworking test card numbers....and yes, they are non working.  They are for people to do test transactions when setting up merchant accounts, etc.  Nothing sketch or illegal :)

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM
It sounds like the Disney app charged your card for in game stuff... They don't always tell you when you are purchasing stuff. I *think* you'd have to put in a regular card then set it up to ask for permission to purchase things using a password.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:02 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)