Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about iPad Apps!!! **UPDATE!!! *** iPad Users, READ ME!

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so we got iPad (mini) for christmas from the inlaws to be shared with the family. However, enable to use the apps provided by iPad it requires you must have a valid credit card just to download FREE APPS (wtf?)

Anyone got ideas how you download apps without credit cards?

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!

http://technology.bsd-ri.net/ipad-tips/create-an-itunes-account-without-a-credit-card

No credit card for free apps YA!!!

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:02 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:04 AM
You don't have to just skip that part. I did.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:07 AM

I had to start over it was recommended not using your iTune email, used a new email, re-registered, selected NONE for payment method and that did it.

Strange because I dont remember that option last time I did it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't have to just skip that part. I did.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Trolllala12
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:07 AM
You don't have to. When you first sign up, the final type of credit card on the list of visa master, discover and American Express is NONE. Holy snicklefritz, batman. Does anyone read shit anymore???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Thanks for the update with the link. I would do it. But I buy apps and music But I'm so glad u found a way. I will share it with others
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:35 AM

BUMP!

thetrollcat

BUMP!

thetrollcat

I thnk you can change the setting and add a credit card, probably in the settings area.

But this will be helpful if you should buy your kids an iPad LOL

Quoting Fields456:

Thanks for the update with the link. I would do it. But I buy apps and music But I'm so glad u found a way. I will share it with others

Gwynyth
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:38 AM

iTunes cards or app store cards. They're prepaid. available in 10, 25, 50 dollar amounts.

Gwynyth
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:39 AM

You can add a credit card through iTunes. You need an iTunes account first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)