Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about iPad Apps!!! **UPDATE!!! *** iPad Users, READ ME!

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so we got iPad (mini) for christmas from the inlaws to be shared with the family. However, enable to use the apps provided by iPad it requires you must have a valid credit card just to download FREE APPS (wtf?)

Anyone got ideas how you download apps without credit cards?

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!

http://technology.bsd-ri.net/ipad-tips/create-an-itunes-account-without-a-credit-card

No credit card for free apps YA!!!

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (31-39):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:40 AM
True although my dd already has an iPod touch I just have it set up so only I know the password. But she is only 6 and It is set up under my account so we both have all of we music lol. Her iPod Is hardly ever charged cause she never tells me when it dies

Quoting thetrollcat:

I thnk you can change the setting and add a credit card, probably in the settings area.

But this will be helpful if you should buy your kids an iPad LOL

Quoting Fields456:

Thanks for the update with the link. I would do it. But I buy apps and music But I'm so glad u found a way. I will share it with others

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM

BUMP!

AMDS0304
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Gift card

Boomboompow12
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Years ago my dd got herself a ipod touch. In order to down load (free or to purchase) music or apps I had to sign up for an apple account.  When you do, you have to enter your credit card information so that you are able to be billed for any purchases you make.

Many years later, we still have the Apple account and now she has an iphone and we have an ipad.  Because she gave her ipod touch to her brother, we had to set a password on it to keep him from getting any paid apps.  This way in order to get free or paid for apps a password must be entered.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

no there is no need to require any card at all if you are only downloading free apps

Quoting AMDS0304:

Gift card

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I found a way around the billing

Quoting Boomboompow12:

Years ago my dd got herself a ipod touch. In order to down load (free or to purchase) music or apps I had to sign up for an apple account.  When you do, you have to enter your credit card information so that you are able to be billed for any purchases you make.

Many years later, we still have the Apple account and now she has an iphone and we have an ipad.  Because she gave her ipod touch to her brother, we had to set a password on it to keep him from getting any paid apps.  This way in order to get free or paid for apps a password must be entered.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I didnt think you needed one
Recheck that again

I thought the same thing when settin up my iphone but there was a button you could press to skip that and still set your acct up

I dont have any CC info under my acct
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

The reason it is there is because we were using hubby's iTune login. iTune requires you have to have a credit card on file.

I created a seperate account strictly for the iPad

Quoting SnapIt:

I didnt think you needed one
Recheck that again

I thought the same thing when settin up my iphone but there was a button you could press to skip that and still set your acct up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN