Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why haven't you been a surrogate?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:07 AM
  • 154 Replies

So many of you reply that you would love to do it when those threads come up.

So what is holding you back? What is keeping you from helping complete someone'se dream?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:08 AM

My husband is not on board. I think he might if it was someone we knew and loved. It likely will never happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:09 AM
I would do it too probably, if I could.
I don't meet the criteria. Not healthy enough, too many pregnancy issues of my own.
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:09 AM
That I haven't had all children we planned on yet....and dh would never agree to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liz.1986
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I'm a high risk pregnancy. I had Ds1 at 26 weeks and went into labor with Ds2 at 29. They stopped it and I was able to hold him in till 36 with partial bedrest. I love being pregnant though and would love to be a surrogate. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:10 AM

I don't think I could do it for a stranger. I would get too attached to the baby and I would be so sad to give him/her up. I would absolutely do it if it were for a family member or close friend if they needed me to. It's something I spend a lot of time thinking about though.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:10 AM
3 moms liked this

Not Me.....

I would want to keep the baby, lol

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:10 AM

I was going to be a surrogate for one of my cousins if she couldnt do it on her own. I'm too fertile for my own good. I almost died with my last and even though I was only 22, my doctor RECOMMENDED I do it, for my own safety.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I would only do it for one person and amazingly she was able to have. 2 beautiful kids one her own despite what drs said. So now my baby factory is closed for me and anyone else
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gingerbell.RN
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I don't want to do it until I know I am done having kids.

Also, I am not the required 150lbs or less.

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM
id love to, and really want to, but dh isnt ok with it, and i think it would just stir up too much emotional frustration in him for me to deal with. plus i really want a boob job and some lipo sooo... theres that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)