Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be pissed over $.59?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am. 

We ordered pizza for my son's 14th birthday.  The total came to $45.41.  I put a $4.00 tip to be added to my total debit amount.  I was just looking at my bank statement and Pizza Hut ran it for a straight $50.00.

That is fraud. I do not care if it is only $.59.  They have no right to change the amount I authorized.  If they made an extra $.60 per customer, they would be raking in illegal money. If it was the delivery driver, they are a thief altering tips.  Either way, I am pissed.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM

It probably doesn't help that I had tip issues with them before.  I stopped into the store one day while I was out shopping. I paid and tipped in store for the pizza to be delivered to my kids.  The delivery driver showed up to the door with a receipt and told my kids that they HAD to write in a tip amount, that is the way it worked.  Luckily, my kids were old enough and smart enough to refuse.

Quoting PepperWillow:

I would chill. I understand what you are saying, but life is too short to get worked up about this...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM
It's only $.59 nothing to get worked up about.
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM

That is one reason  I don't use a card when I order pizza.  Also yes I would, its not the money, but the principle of the matter.

CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say something. It's not the amount, it's the principle of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM

i would call, something like that happened to me and the manager gave me a free med pizza attached to my number the nect time I ordered.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Did you write it? Like is there a paper receipt where you could prove what you wrote? I'm sure if you can provide proof that they would fire that driver. Its stealing. It doesn't matter the amount. Even one penny is stealing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM

This is a cleared charge from the 14th, not an authorization.

Quoting DonnaPinitonya:

Is it pending or did it go through? Alot of resturants charge a flat fee that shows as pending but when they close the books they only get what you wrote and when it actually comes out of your account you will see the correct amount. 

unspecified42
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Nope. Life is bigger than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Yeah, I think I would be a little upset over it. Theft is theft, no matter how big or small. It's dishonest and I would want the store to know they have dishonest people working for them and if it's the store, I would call someone higher than them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It's 2am. I don't think anyone will answer...lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

probably not about the .59, but definitely about the over charge, It was not up to them to just round up the amount when you did not authorize them to. Did u call and ask them why? 

lol ohh I thought it was from earlier, well I hope you give them hell tomorrow :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)