Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be pissed over $.59?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am. 

We ordered pizza for my son's 14th birthday.  The total came to $45.41.  I put a $4.00 tip to be added to my total debit amount.  I was just looking at my bank statement and Pizza Hut ran it for a straight $50.00.

That is fraud. I do not care if it is only $.59.  They have no right to change the amount I authorized.  If they made an extra $.60 per customer, they would be raking in illegal money. If it was the delivery driver, they are a thief altering tips.  Either way, I am pissed.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Its not that big of a deal and you skimped them on the tip, less than a 10% tip on a delivery?

DonnaPinitonya
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Honestly, with how shady that is I would just call the GM for the area. You can call the store and get the name and number of the store managers boss or more likely they will take your info, I wouldn't tell them why though. When the GM or DM calls you back then explain what happened and why it raises red flags. Internal theft is usually all the way through upper management. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

This is a cleared charge from the 14th, not an authorization.

Quoting DonnaPinitonya:

Is it pending or did it go through? Alot of resturants charge a flat fee that shows as pending but when they close the books they only get what you wrote and when it actually comes out of your account you will see the correct amount. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
He'll yeah! I can get 6 ramens for that! Feed my kids for a week!
luvmymonkeys27
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:00 AM

The amount would be immaterial for me, it's the principle. Yeah, I'd be annoyed. 

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM
I would be calling the company's corporate offices first thing in the AM with my copy of the receipt.
GypsyMom2012
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM

If it is really that important to you, why are you bringing it here? Report it to the manager. Legally, they cannot do that and must refund the amount over what you authorized.

DonnaPinitonya
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM

And this... the District or General Manager needs to know what this store is up to.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It probably doesn't help that I had tip issues with them before.  I stopped into the store one day while I was out shopping. I paid and tipped in store for the pizza to be delivered to my kids.  The delivery driver showed up to the door with a receipt and told my kids that they HAD to write in a tip amount, that is the way it worked.  Luckily, my kids were old enough and smart enough to refuse.

Quoting PepperWillow:

I would chill. I understand what you are saying, but life is too short to get worked up about this...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd be pissed! It is illegal for starters. It is also just ethically wrong. The amount doesn't matter. the fact that they took it upon themselves to change the amount, and thought that was OK, is what matters. its theft!

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM
I'd be mad, not over 59 cents, but the ethics. I would call and complain.
Photobucket
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Honestly, I would've laughed about it and then forgot about it. I don't let petty things like that affect me. But... That's just me. I have much bigger problems to worry about than $.59. Lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)