Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be pissed over $.59?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am. 

We ordered pizza for my son's 14th birthday.  The total came to $45.41.  I put a $4.00 tip to be added to my total debit amount.  I was just looking at my bank statement and Pizza Hut ran it for a straight $50.00.

That is fraud. I do not care if it is only $.59.  They have no right to change the amount I authorized.  If they made an extra $.60 per customer, they would be raking in illegal money. If it was the delivery driver, they are a thief altering tips.  Either way, I am pissed.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
aritoyh
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:03 AM

I wouldn't have cared.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I wouldn't have enough spare time in my life to notice. If by freak chance I did notice I certainly wouldn't think twice about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Lol at all of you saying you'd get worked up over this. It's such a small thing. Really?! Who cares!
peaches_04
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Yeah id be mad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Yes I would over principle! It also pisses me off when at a restaurant and I pay with cash and they give me change in only bills. When it should be change and bills. Their tip reflects it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Yeah, I'd be mad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wumbo
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Every time you buy something send me 50 cents. Please and thank you. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol at all of you saying you'd get worked up over this. It's such a small thing. Really?! Who cares!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:07 AM
You should definitely call them. I wouldn't be "pissed" but I wouldn't pay more than what I authorized. But, the way restaurants authorize credit cards is different from how other companies do it. It still may come in at the right amount. I think you are supposed to wait a week. Which, I guess is pretty much now. Definitely call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, I would've laughed about it and then forgot about it. I don't let petty things like that affect me. But... That's just me. I have much bigger problems to worry about than $.59. Lol!

What if every time you swiped your card you were charged an extra $.59?

Theft is theft.

At what amount are you willing to say, "No"?

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:08 AM

My bank shows a definite difference as to what has cleared all the way and what hasn't.  The charge was on the 14th and it fully cleared on the 16th.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should definitely call them. I wouldn't be "pissed" but I wouldn't pay more than what I authorized. But, the way restaurants authorize credit cards is different from how other companies do it. It still may come in at the right amount. I think you are supposed to wait a week. Which, I guess is pretty much now. Definitely call.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)