Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be pissed over $.59?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am. 

We ordered pizza for my son's 14th birthday.  The total came to $45.41.  I put a $4.00 tip to be added to my total debit amount.  I was just looking at my bank statement and Pizza Hut ran it for a straight $50.00.

That is fraud. I do not care if it is only $.59.  They have no right to change the amount I authorized.  If they made an extra $.60 per customer, they would be raking in illegal money. If it was the delivery driver, they are a thief altering tips.  Either way, I am pissed.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:10 AM

As a former Shift Mgr of Pizza Hut they cant run the credit card for a different amount then you authorized. You need to call and talk to the Restaurant Mgr in the morning and tell him what happened. And he should credit you card back. Because basiclly what the csr did was pocket the money she tacked onto your card. Theres other ways of making extra money at Pizza Hut with out mgt knowing, thats not considered credit card fraud

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I honestly probably wouldn't even notice.I do all my banking online and unless a major amount is missing,I wouldn't notice.And if I did,I'd probably just say to hell with it.

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you."

tisha826
by Tisha on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:11 AM
This, I wouldn't be pissed about the amount, but the principal.

Quoting Anonymous:

probably not about the .59, but definitely about the over charge, It was not up to them to just round up the amount when you did not authorize them to. Did u call and ask them why? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Yeah, its probably been long enough to go through. Call. In fact, I'd call the corporate headquarters and the local store. It's not about the money, its just a huge red flag that someone there is ripping people off. And it might be for a lot more than a couple of quarters. They will want to know what's going on.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

My bank shows a definite difference as to what has cleared all the way and what hasn't.  The charge was on the 14th and it fully cleared on the 16th.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should definitely call them. I wouldn't be "pissed" but I wouldn't pay more than what I authorized. But, the way restaurants authorize credit cards is different from how other companies do it. It still may come in at the right amount. I think you are supposed to wait a week. Which, I guess is pretty much now. Definitely call.

babyboy117
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Yes I would be irritated. That's stealing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM
I wouldn't even notice lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I wouldn't stress about it, but I would bring it to the manager's attention. It may have been an error, but if they are doing this to everyone they deliver to (thinking no one will care about a 59 cent error) then they can definitely scrape in some extra cash.

If it continues to happen though, I'd call home office.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Cancel the charge.....I bet they will call you, lol

horseap
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM

I would be.  Whos to say you didnt have a budget of 45.50 for your order.  You could be sure I would be DOWN THERE first thing in the morning!  Maybe no one has caught it and its been going on for a while or if they have just let it go like others say.  Fifty cent an order adds up REAL quick. 

kaycersmom
by Katie on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Ya I would be pissed they changed my receipt no matter what the amount was

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)