Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be pissed over $.59?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am. 

We ordered pizza for my son's 14th birthday.  The total came to $45.41.  I put a $4.00 tip to be added to my total debit amount.  I was just looking at my bank statement and Pizza Hut ran it for a straight $50.00.

That is fraud. I do not care if it is only $.59.  They have no right to change the amount I authorized.  If they made an extra $.60 per customer, they would be raking in illegal money. If it was the delivery driver, they are a thief altering tips.  Either way, I am pissed.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Replies (51-57):
Ginnygurl97
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Actually, alot of places are getting to be like this to help avoid altering amounts. All they had to do was put $0.00. I've worked in all kinds of restaurants from casual fast paced like longhorn and Cheesecake Factory to upscale white glove formal dining. I'd NEVER leave a tip spot blank. Always write cash, $0.00, or something if you aren't adding a tip to the card.

But yes I'd be pissed that they felt they should round it up. I wouldn't care if it was 3 cents! It's principle. And I know sometimes it's pending and that could happen, but yours is cleared. I would skip store level y?and go to corporate and call your bank. They'll dispute it, and it doesn't look good for certain things when they have that on the recount

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It probably doesn't help that I had tip issues with them before.  I stopped into the store one day while I was out shopping. I paid and tipped in store for the pizza to be delivered to my kids.  The delivery driver showed up to the door with a receipt and told my kids that they HAD to write in a tip amount, that is the way it worked.  Luckily, my kids were old enough and smart enough to refuse.

Quoting PepperWillow:

I would chill. I understand what you are saying, but life is too short to get worked up about this...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:42 AM

ABSOLUTELY... I don't care if its a penny don't you dare screw me for any amount of money and i would be turning it in to fraud with the bank and calling corporate. If they do that do everyone, just imagine the money they could be taking in illegally..

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:43 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

probably not about the .59, but definitely about the over charge, It was not up to them to just round up the amount when you did not authorize them to. Did u call and ask them why? 

Ashanti22
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 AM
I would be pissed that's stealing no matter what
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:46 AM
yah its the point, i would demand a refund simply because thats not the amount i signed off on. if they will scam .59 cents, they will scam more. call your bank, technically its illegal.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

So, you think Pizza Hut and their delivery drivers should be able to alter the tip amounts?

It isn't the amount I am pissed about, but the ethics.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nah. I don't sweat the small stuff. Life is too short.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:48 AM

I would be livid. what are you going to do to correct this?

BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:49 AM
For me it wouldn't be about the 59 cents, it would be the principle of the whole deal of them over charging me. If they did it to me, how many other people are they doing this to and yes I would be disputing the charges with my bank as well as calling pizza hut management. What they did is theft.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)