Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession. Sometimes I go anon to...

Posted by   + Show Post
be a grammar Nazi.

*sigh*

It's true. I am actually a grammar/spelling nerd and sometimes when I see errors..... I just can't help myself! Lol!! I'm never rude about it, I just try to be helpful.

I actually appreciate it when I make a mistake and someone corrects me. It's usually just an oversight that I made and if they draw my attention to it, then I can just go fix it.

I'm not anal, I know this isn't an English class. Misplaced commas and stuff like like or short hand - eh, who cares. But blatant misspellings and grammatical errors just irk me! Lol

So, there's my confession.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes fixing somebody's grammar does no good, some people just can't spell.
I'm dyslexic, you could tell me 100 times it's spelled defiantly, I am going to write/type definatly. If it weren't for spell check, I probably would never last on this site.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GypsyMom2012
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this

laughingThat is too funny! When it applies to grammar, I just correct straight up. However, I have gone Anon 2 times. Once when I was talking to this chick at my work place and was cutting her down to ribbons for her stupidity on her post and the second time was when I was responding to a VERY VERY controversial subject... I much prefer creating drama with my own face attached, :D I say, BRING IT ON!!!!! LOL

CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:44 AM

BAD GIRL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 AM
I've been waiting for you to post! Lol off topic, but I came across this guy on YouTube and you came to my mind, he looks like your "type"...he is FINE!!!!
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:46 AM
I so get that. I have dyscalculia so I have that same problem with numbers! So frustrating.

Quoting Maks1mommy:

Sometimes fixing somebody's grammar does no good, some people just can't spell.

I'm dyslexic, you could tell me 100 times it's spelled defiantly, I am going to write/type definatly. If it weren't for spell check, I probably would never last on this site.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:46 AM
*stuff like that ;-)

I always just PM to privately let them know about the mistake so there's no risk of embarrassing them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Who?!

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been waiting for you to post! Lol off topic, but I came across this guy on YouTube and you came to my mind, he looks like your "type"...he is FINE!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Ha! Thank you! See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I never would've even noticed it.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

*stuff like that ;-)

I always just PM to privately let them know about the mistake so there's no risk of embarrassing them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Google him, his name is Laith Hakeem. Laith
Quoting 504bbymami:

Who?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Oh damn he is sexy!!! That video is super cute too. <3

Quoting Anonymous:

Google him, his name is Laith Hakeem. Laith
Quoting 504bbymami:

Who?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN