Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughter

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just have my dd last nite and she came out with brownish green eyes and I'm black/Asian and the dh is black I can't believe that
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
Trollercoaster
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:26 AM

dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Take pictures..that would be a beautiful eye color
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:28 AM

It's normal for some babies to have lighter colored eyes, they usually darken with age. Also, sometimes it just happens that way, both of you might have had some relative far back who had green eyes and it got carried down the line.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Congratulations on your baby girl:) are you just surprised over the eyes or wanting an explanation? Her eyes could change colors or stay the color they are. With genetics, unless you know specifically what you and her dad carries its anyones guess on where the color came from. Some scientists also are saying eye color isn't largely controlled by genetics as much as pigmentation and mutations. Idk, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Obviously you both have some caucasian with green eyes in your genes. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:36 AM
No white sweetie

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously you both have some caucasian with green eyes in your genes. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

504bbymami
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:38 AM
I thought all babies were either born with grey or blue eyes....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Just because you don't know about doesn't mean it isn't so. Neither pure Asians nor pure Black have the ability to have green eyes. That means that somewhere in your families no matter how hush hush it was kept, there were green eyed white people.

Quoting Anonymous:

No white sweetie

Quoting Anonymous:

ihave1
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:40 AM

they could change

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured