Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughter

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just have my dd last nite and she came out with brownish green eyes and I'm black/Asian and the dh is black I can't believe that
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Replies (21-24):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:43 AM

according to this my dd should have green eyes, she has brown.  I have green eyes, my dh has brown eyes.   I was hopeing she would have green.

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously you both have some caucasian with green eyes in your genes. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:43 AM

My son is half white half mexican, and he was born with brown hair, and really dark blue eyes, almost steel. They're brown now though. Eye color can always change.

I also once knew someone whose child was full on mexican, grandparents straight out of mexico on both sides, and they were born blonde hair blue eyed, but then as they got older, their hair went to a dark brown, and their eyes turned brown too, and you would never have thought she was born blonde.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Quoting 504bbymami:

I thought all babies were either born with grey or blue eyes....

My son was born with blue grey eyes. Dd was born with her father's dark dark brown eyes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Brown is usually the dominant gene. If one parent has brown eyes and the other has green, the odds are 50% that the child will have brown eyes as opposed to 37.5% to have green eyes.

Quoting Anonymous:

according to this my dd should have green eyes, she has brown.  I have green eyes, my dh has brown eyes.   I was hopeing she would have green.

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously you both have some caucasian with green eyes in your genes. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured