Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were out shopping and saw this. .

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you think. This was in a JC penny in a mall. Holy crap I think I would call security, that would freak me out!

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23769604&nid=148&title=man-raises-questions-after-carrying-rifle-into-jc-penney&s_cid=featured-1

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Replies (261-270):
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I would have freaked out and called 911.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM

hunny thats not a shot gun so it should concern you. I understand hunting rifles, I live in a small town too and everyone here is either a farmer or loves to hunt but if someone was walking around with an assault weapon and no badge, I would be extremely concerned! An assault weapon does MAJOR damage and has no place in a store of any kind!

Quoting got2monsters:

meh, its not to me. and considering YES the law is no open carry id assume he had special permission to do so, was licensed to have it visible, was not a threat, etc. all those things would factor in for me. id do a mental rundown and assessment and go about my happy way. and where im from in tx, the high schoolers have gun racks in thier trucks and usually have deer rifles or shotguns in them. when i was in high school i wore a pair of cargo bermuda shorts one day that i had worn the previous weekend when i was out shooting and forgot to take out my shells, went to school and reached in my pocket for something and pulled out two 4-10 shotgun shells, teacher laughed and said "well i geuss we all know what heather shoots now". we are a small town and that just wouldnt personally phase me. it might others but to me its no big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

an assault rifle is not a big deal? i live in tx too and have never seen an assault rifle not to mention that the law is CONCEALED not out in the open!

Quoting got2monsters:

im in tx, thats not a big deal to me.

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

No need for people to be in JCPennys, or in the mall for that matter.

Quoting ihave1:

no need for people to have those type of guns

addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I would call the police and keep an eye on them until they got there.

Even if he does have some type of badge that allows it, he's a dumb ass. No one needs to bring that type of gun in jc penny's.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Just curious,  what makes this an "assault" rifle?

addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Huh? What point are you trying to make? It's a store. People are supposed to be there. Those type of guns do not belong there.

Quoting kryptomom:

Quoting ihave1:

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

lol I was about to tell her the same, you bet me to it.  lol   No one but the military, &  police need that type  of gun. 

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Huh? What point are you trying to make? It's a store. People are supposed to be there. Those type of guns do not belong there.

Quoting kryptomom:

Quoting ihave1:

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I just have issues with people telling me what I need.  We don't "need" a JCPennys.  We don't "need" 90% of the crap we have.  Who gets to decide our "needs"?

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Quoting kryptomom:

Quoting ihave1:

addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I think you are being a little too picky when it comes to words. The guy had no business bring a gun in jc penny's. is that better? Lol

Quoting kryptomom:

I just have issues with people telling me what I need.  We don't "need" a JCPennys.  We don't "need" 90% of the crap we have.  Who gets to decide our "needs"?

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Quoting kryptomom:

Quoting ihave1:

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM

If it's not loaded, and everything is properly permitted, what's the problem?  It's on his back.  I would rather he have it in the open.  It's the creepy people that hide these that concern me.  His behavior would determine whether I'd freak.

I think you are being a little too picky when it comes to words. The guy had no business bring a gun in jc penny's. is that better? Lol

Quoting kryptomom:

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Quoting kryptomom:

Quoting ihave1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)