Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were out shopping and saw this. .

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you think. This was in a JC penny in a mall. Holy crap I think I would call security, that would freak me out!

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23769604&nid=148&title=man-raises-questions-after-carrying-rifle-into-jc-penney&s_cid=featured-1

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Replies (231-240):
hizwifie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

You say that till some one cuts the power to your house and breaks in in the middle of the night and goes after your kids. Let me guess, but you have your phone to call 911? I am sure that will give you comfort when it takes an average of 7mins. for cops and EMT's to arive. Think what some one can do to your family, your kids, in those 7 LONG minutes...... I dont know about you, but I would like to do what ever it takes to protect my babies. 

Quoting Mom2Just1:

I would leave.  I will never own a gun.  No need for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

wth are all of these people assuming he is military lol. never in my life outside of an MP on a base have i ever seen anyone with this kind of weapon slung over their shoulder out in shopping center that was military and i have lived on two of the heaviest populated marine corps bases in the country.

Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd get the hell away from him. What if someone wrestles it away and starts firing? No one who's non-military needs an assault rifle, especially at JC Penney.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Oh my god, such a scary looking gun. It must be more deadly than any other weapon. He must be planning a mass murder or some other shennanigans.There is no way that gun is safe for anyone to have. He must be a psycho or a redneck.

btw, dripping with sarcasm.

This gun is no more deadly than a knife. In all actuality, an unseen sniper would be much scarier and more deadly. But let's outlaw it becasue it "looks" scary.

Lets outlaw cars, and knives, and the box-cutter sitting on my kitchen table too.

If people keep swallowing the governmental hype, this country will be unrecognizable in short order. Stop believing everything you see on tv and the internet, exercize your brain and question everything to develop your own answers. If you believe the government knows best and has our best interests at heart, you are sadly mistaken.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM

If you seriously belive this is a military grade rifle, you have been swallowing the governmental propaganda hook, line, and sinker. Aside from apparence, the rifle is civilan grade, without all the military bells and whistles.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

I'd get the hell away from him. What if someone wrestles it away and starts firing? No one who's non-military needs an assault rifle, especially at JC Penney.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have lived 30 years without a gun. Good luck loading yours before they get to you.

Quoting hizwifie:

You say that till some one cuts the power to your house and breaks in in the middle of the night and goes after your kids. Let me guess, but you have your phone to call 911? I am sure that will give you comfort when it takes an average of 7mins. for cops and EMT's to arive. Think what some one can do to your family, your kids, in those 7 LONG minutes...... I dont know about you, but I would like to do what ever it takes to protect my babies. 

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hizwifie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM

pre-loaded sugar plum ;) cant have it here because we live on a military base, but once we are off base again. Its on. And before you say shit about it being in the house with kids, finger print lock. Inly me or DH's finger prints will open it up. SO you can do what ever you want, but I will be prepared to shoot any mother fucker who comes after my babies. 

Quoting Mom2Just1:

I have lived 30 years without a gun. Good luck loading yours before they get to you.

Quoting hizwifie:

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Okay.... Can you tell where you live? I want to avoid there.

Quoting hizwifie:

pre-loaded sugar plum ;) cant have it here because we live on a military base, but once we are off base again. Its on. And before you say shit about it being in the house with kids, finger print lock. Inly me or DH's finger prints will open it up. SO you can do what ever you want, but I will be prepared to shoot any mother fucker who comes after my babies. 

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Quoting hizwifie:

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hizwifie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

OH and it takes a lot less time to load a gun than for the cops to get there. And why? lol. Because I will protect my family from intruders? Are you planning on breaking in any time soon?

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Okay.... Can you tell where you live? I want to avoid there.

Quoting hizwifie:

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Quoting hizwifie:

Quoting Mom2Just1:

kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM

So carrying a gun equals paranoia? LMAO ok.  My husband values our children's lives above all else. Hence why he will carry a gun. I don't know how you got the correlation that carrying a gun means we value guns more than life.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting kayjayjess:

Of course I find it acceptable for my husband to carry. Why wouldn't I? He is a responsible gun owner. While it is his legal right to carry, he does not carry everywhere we go. He does use common sense. My husband is in the military and worked in law enforcement for 11 years. My kids are taught about gun safety all the time. I also carry a gun in my vehicle while I am working.

The man may have been stopped and questioned, but that is as far as it would have gone. It is his legal right to carry that gun. No bullshit. He broke no laws!

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting kayjayjess:

It is his legal right. He isn't doing anything illegal. Utah is an open carry state.  Does he need to carry a weapon like that, probably not but he is obviously making a point. My husband openly carries his glock on his hip, again, his legal right.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting kaycersmom:

Yes it's a right to carry state, I think that most states are

Quoting lwinwood:

Holy f**k I would be calling the police if they hadnt been called already! But I have never been to the states , I live in Britain .....you wouldnt see that here. Only the police can carry a gun in public. Is that public display of a weapon allowed over there?? X x

It's not a right to be carrying a gun like that in a department store and you know it. Quite trying to make it seem like it is okay,  to a person who lives in another country, as you make the US look like a country full of gun crazed killers instead of human beings.

How amazing  that you, a mother of children, find your husband wearing a gun on his hip like a two bit western movie actor, as being acceptable.

As for the man in the photo, you know as well as I know he would be stopped and questioned by security, so please save your "legal right" bullshit for yourself.

What fun it must be living in your paranoid world where guns are deemed more important than lives.

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)